PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic DMP-BDT110 Can't pause rewind or anything

Pain
06-10-2011, 05:51 AM
I have the Panasonic DMP-BDT110. I have only tested with mkv and come to find out that I can not even pause the movie. Rewind or anything at all. I read the other day that a user used a different profile but can't remember what one to use. It does stream ok I think. I only tested it for about 10 minutes as I just bought it. The movie did crash to main menu when I first started the movie after about 2 minutes, I started it again and it seemed ok so far..

Thanks

Paul
06-10-2011, 08:47 AM
Most probably Panasonic will not let you FF/REW/pause while a file is being transcoded. Once transcoding is finished, it should let you do those things though. Do you have a file that will play natively on the unit? If you do, does it let you FF/REW/pause?

Pain
06-10-2011, 09:36 AM
You mean off a thumb drive? I have not tried it. I can pause MP3 thru Mezzmo and I have only tried MKV files. What about the player crashing to menu?

Pain
06-10-2011, 09:41 AM
I just tried a avi with Mezzmo and still did not pause, rewind or fast forward. I get error "This operation is not available"

Paul
06-10-2011, 09:41 AM
No, not off a thumb drive, since that'll most likely utilize a different internal playback engine. Just try playing something that's not an MKV (e.g. an MPEG2 file) or start playing a short MKV, it'll start transcoding, then wait for it to finish (you can monitor "ffmpeg.exe" in the Task Manager, for example, to know when it's done).

Going back to the menu may be because the player doesn't like the way we deliver transcoded files.

Can you please turn on logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) then try playing an MKV file that causes the player to go back to the menu and once that happens, stop the server, zip up the logs and send them to support (at) conceiva (dot) com for further investigation.

Paul
06-10-2011, 09:43 AM
I just tried a avi with Mezzmo and still did not pause, rewind or fast forward. I get error "This operation is not available"
Please send in the logs for that as well and we'll check them out.

Pain
06-10-2011, 01:16 PM
I just now emailed the log file. Thank you

Pain
06-11-2011, 09:32 AM
No one has returned my email... About the log file...

Pain
06-14-2011, 06:19 AM
I'm about to go buy a 6 core processor to maybe fix this. I wish I had some more tech support on this first..

Update. After the file (MKV) transcodes I am able to pause rewind and fast forward. Still get some stutter after the first 2 minutes then it will crash. That is on my HTPC with a 2 core. If I run Mezzmo off my 4 core PC It does not crash while watching a movie. Still I have to wait for the file to transcode before I can pause exc. exc.... Funny how my Sony BDP playes just fine off the 2 core..

Paul
06-14-2011, 09:22 AM
We're closed on the weekends, so, sorry - no e-mail replies during those days.

The Panasonic and Sony have different transcoding profiles, so most likely the MKV gets remuxed for the Sony (which is not CPU intensive), but gets fully transcoded for the Panasonic (and thus drops out). A 6-core CPU will certainly help - do you have any specific model in mind?

Pain
06-14-2011, 10:14 AM
Actually I just ordered the 6 core for my main PC and Ill put the 4 core in my HTPC to run Mezzmo so that should fix the crashing. But still the waiting to transcode before we watch a movie kinda blows. how can i pre transcode or speed up the process? Thank you

Paul
06-14-2011, 10:18 AM
Pre-transcoding is coming soon (one of the next updates). If you have more than 4 cores (6 or 8 or 4 cores with 8 threads, for example), then most files should transcode quickly enough for smooth playback.

It's possible to speed things up at the cost of reduced quality, if you'd like (we'll need to manually tweak FFmpeg settings in your device profile for that).

Pain
06-16-2011, 04:34 AM
You would think that you could at lest pause. I can't even pause.

Paul
06-16-2011, 08:48 AM
Unfortunately some devices implement DLNA in a very basic fashion and we've seen devices that won't let you do anything on files until they finish transcoding. If you tried any other server and it lets you FF/REW or at least pause, please let me know and we'll check it out.

Pain
08-21-2011, 02:09 PM
I guess there is no pre-transcode option yet?

Paul
08-22-2011, 09:18 AM
Not yet, but it's coming soon.