PDA

View Full Version : bravia kdl40w5500

cocamartini
04-16-2009, 05:06 AM
Hi,

I bought a new Kdl40w5500. I'm very interested in using Mezzmo to play my multimedia files (mainly videos), but after installing it and scanning my hd, I can only see music files from the tv.
Under "video" and "images" mezzmo server does not appear.
I opened all firewall port, services etc....

What's the problem ?

Thanks a lot for your support.

Regards.

Paul
04-17-2009, 12:52 PM
Hello,

Just to confirm - you can see your video files in Mezzmo itself, right?

What format are those video files in? Are they all different or same? It's possible that the Bravia doesn't support playing those video natively. At the moment, I can't find exactly what formats it supports, but I think MPEG2 and H.264/MPEG4 would be highly likely candidates - do you have files in those formats?

In the upcoming Mezzmo update we'll have transcoding, which will enable all files to be played on any device.

Dennis

cocamartini
04-17-2009, 11:08 PM
Hi,

thanks for your reply. Yes I can see the files (images, music and video) in Mezzo... but I can't see any of them in the tv (the only thing I can see is the Mezzmo Server under the music menu... but I can't play any file).

Videos are divx (not compatible) but also mpeg2 (compatible), so I'm very interested in the upcoming transcoding feature (... when ?).

Do you have any idea to solve the communication problem ? Did you ever test Mezzmo with a TV like that ?

Thank you very much.

Regards.

Paul
04-20-2009, 12:46 PM
Thank for providing more information. The new release is due out really soon and it will be more compatible with devices (as compared to the current version), so most probably those issues will be resolved.

We haven't tested the Bravia TVs yet, but we do plan to obtain one at a later stage for testing. We've got lots of other hardware here that we use for testing though and new Mezzmo can talk to all of them fully.

Sorry I can't help you further at the moment, but again, I'm confident that the new version will solve this issue. Even if it doesn't, we'll have better means of solving it (due to enhanced logging built-in the new version).

Dennis

nanda
05-27-2009, 10:06 PM
Hi Dennis,

I live in UK and bought this TV recently. I hooked it up the network and connected it to my PC.

Initially I tried with Nero Media Home 4 and Twonky Media and now with Mezzmo.

I understand that Nero (and may be Twonky) support transcoding, but when I tried to watch a video, all I get on my television is that, no listing available to view. I can see the folder where my movies (.avi encoded with xvid or divx) are residing, but that's all I can see. I can play Photos (though does not automatically work as a slideshow, at least I can see my photos) and I can listen to Music (mp3 music files stored on my PC).

I can see Mezzmo only in Music area in TV and I cannot see Mezzmo under Videos or Photos. But within Music cross bar interface (Sony's Cross Bar interface), I can see the Video (Explorer Interface is what I use) and Photos as well as the Music folder that I have shared on my PC via Mezzmo. But as usual I cannot play Video from here as well.

Having looking at the postings under transcoding coming soon in v2, I'm assuming the version I bought couple of days ago (26th May 2009) is version 2. If it is indeed version 2, then we have a problem as even Mezzmo is not transcoding to the standards expected by DLNA Compatible Sony Bravia KDL-W5500U. But please see above, even when Nero supports transcoding, it could not do it. I'm not trying to implicate Mezzmo too won't be able to do it, but just treat it as a caution that may be all the transcoding softwares are avoiding something really important for DLNA compatibility.

Anyway, following is from Sony's Support Website on the formats that it could play as far as Video's are concerned:
AVCHD
MPEG 2-PS
HD DV

So, I hope Mezzmo v2 is yet to be released and that it will solve my problem of on the fly transcoding. I would also like to request show some messages on the TV if the transcoding is taking longer than it should, like a simple message like Transcoding and a percentage to indicate that something is being processed in the PC behind the scenes. This will be really great from Customer Satisfaction point of view.

Many thanks for reading my long post, I hope it is of use.

Eagerly awaiting for your reply.

Nanda

Paul
05-28-2009, 09:05 AM
Hi Nanda,

v2 is not released yet, but it's coming out really soon. I'm very confident that once it's released, we'll be able to get you successfully transcoding for your TV.

Thank you for the suggestion to show a transcoding progress message - we have been thinking of something similar as well.

Dennis

nanda
06-02-2009, 04:51 AM
Thanks Dennis, and thanks for your reply to my other post under New Version.

I'll have to say, I'm really looking forward (could not wait), but will wait for the new version. Considering all the testing your team is undertaking, I'm betting on Mezzmo :)

Cheers once again.

Nanda

Paul
06-03-2009, 09:54 AM
Thank you for the encouragement! It's a totally new experience compared to Mezzmo v1 - a much better one.

gaingi
06-16-2009, 07:28 PM
Please post here when you solve the problem.
Thank you

nanda
06-19-2009, 11:57 PM
Hi Dennis,

Any upcoming news on Mezzmo 2 to share with us?

We all are eagerly awaiting the release 2.

Please give us some information, timeline or approximate month when to expect, anything to satisfy our curiosity :)

Thanks,

Nanda

Paul
06-23-2009, 02:58 PM
I'm happy to say that we currently have 2 Sony Bravia's in the test department (with more due soon) and they work great with Mezzmo 2!

gaingi
06-23-2009, 04:01 PM
I'm happy to say that we currently have 2 Sony Bravia's in the test department (with more due soon) and they work great with Mezzmo 2!
Great! When we can join the tests?

fabio
06-23-2009, 04:25 PM
This is great news.

Dennis,
Please could you confirm whether transcoding is working? Any chance of releasing a beta to the general public to help with the test?

Thank you in advance,
Fabio

nanda
06-24-2009, 06:00 AM

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for a great news.

Just a few questions now:
1) The Sony Bravia TV that you have in your test department, what Video Formats to they support or alternatively if you post the model number, I'll find that information by myself.
2) My TV (Sony KDL40W5500) supports only MPEG2 and AVCHD.
3) So Sony Bravia you tested with Mezzmo 2, was using Transcoding? or Already converted to the format that the TV accepted.

Finally as Fabio mentioned, I' would be very happy to help with the testing of the model that I have provided you could give us a beta version that would expire in 30 days or so.

Expectation of Mezzmo 2 is the only thing stopping me from buying a PS3 (which supports divx streaming from PC).

So fingers crossed, I'm very very eager to get hold of a copy of Mezzmo 2.

THanks once again.

Nanda

Paul
06-24-2009, 09:04 AM
The 2 models we have now don't support video at all (the TVs don't, not us of course), but hopefully we'll get a couple more with video support within the next few days. We've got a KDL-55XBR45 and KDL-40Z4500 (photo/music both).

We'll have to transcode to the supported formats, but more importantly was the initial step of actually getting recognized and accepted by the TVs themselves as a server.

Thank you for the support and patience.

fabio
07-01-2009, 04:25 PM
You will be happy to know that transcoding works with Windows Media Player 12, included with Windows 7.

You can download Windows 7 RC from http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/download.aspx

nanda
07-04-2009, 12:11 AM
THanks Fabio.

Since Dennis was keeping the release date information very close to his chest (just kidding Dennis), I could not resist to buy a PS3. Actually only today I bought PS3 and it is playing my divx/xvid from Mezzmo Media Server on my Vista wonderful.

Just bought it today and I have noticed an issue, not sure whether it is PS3 or Mezzmo, I'll have to investigate that now,

I'm getting the following error after about 5 to 10 mts of playback of an .avi file on PS3.

This content cannot be played
(80028801)

But really appreciate Fabio for finding out that WM12 on Windows 7 does the job. I'll wait for proper release of Windows 7, now that I have PS3 to do the job, I can afford to wait. :)

Good luck to you all. I'm still eagerly awaiting for Mezzmo 2

Nanda

Paul
10-07-2009, 08:42 AM
We have finally got a KDL-32W5500 and I can confirm that the new version of Mezzmo works fine with it.

bilginhasan
10-21-2009, 12:57 AM
Hi Dennis,

I wonder when we can get the new version. Is there a decided release date ?

Thanks..

Paul
11-20-2009, 08:20 AM
Sorry, can't give you a date, that has proven not to work out in the past and I am always blaimed for being late :) There're several people working on the product to iron out any hardware/software issues left and work is going full-steam ahead.

Paul
12-15-2009, 05:23 PM
Just to let you know that Mezzmo v2.1 has been released today. It ships with a device profile for Sony Bravia TVs.

Direct download link: http://www.conceiva.com/downloads/mezzmo-setup.exe

Let us know how it goes. Many thanks.

Gian
12-16-2009, 07:39 PM
I tested the new version with a sony bravia KDL32w5500 but transcoding on avi files still doesen't work !

Paul
12-16-2009, 08:35 PM
I tested the new version with a sony bravia KDL32w5500 but transcoding on avi files still doesen't work !

Hi Gian,

Can you upload the avi file to (say) megaupload or rapidshare so we can download & test it? Our 100 or so avi test files do transcode and play fine on the Bravia. My guess is your file may be using a video codec or audio codec that our Bravia device profile is not taking into account. If we can test the avi file, we should be able to tweak it and get you and running.

You can email the download link for the avi file to support [at] conceiva.com.

Many thanks,

Paul.

Gian
12-16-2009, 09:12 PM
I've a lot of avi files but no one is transcoded.. Maybe some special setting is required? Could you let me know how to set up Mezzmo? Thanks

gaingi
12-16-2009, 09:13 PM
Yeaaaah.
Finally.
No subtitles :-(

Paul
12-18-2009, 10:39 AM
Yeaaaah.
Finally.
No subtitles :-(
Subtitles are coming soon in an update.

Paul
12-18-2009, 10:45 AM
I've a lot of avi files but no one is transcoded.. Maybe some special setting is required? Could you let me know how to set up Mezzmo? Thanks
Can you please turn on logging and try to serve one of those files to your device again? After that, please send us the log to support (at) conceiva (dot) com and I'll look at the issue here.

To turn on logging, please go to Tools -> Options and on the General page place a mark in the "Enable diagnostic logging" box. After that click OK to close the Options dialog and restart your Mezzmo server.

After serving the files, go back to Tools -> Options and turn off logging. At this time, you can click the View Log Files button, which will bring up a folder where logs are located, just zip everything up and send to support.

Thank you,

Dennis

cocamartini
12-23-2009, 07:10 AM
Hi !

I started this thread and... waited until new version :)
I tried it and it works pretty good with my bravia... and I bought it too.
But... I have some problems: transconding .avi often crashes.
I tried to add some memory for temporary folder size and used
very high priority on cpu settings... but... had the same problem.

Running Vista Home Premium 32bit, on a AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core and 2 GB RAM.

Thanks a lot in advance for your support.

Paul
12-23-2009, 09:29 AM
Hello,

Thank you for waiting for the new version - greatly appreciated!

Can you please upload one of those .avi files somewhere (or send it via e-mail if it's under 10 MBs to support (at) conceiva (dot) com) and I'll take a look?

Or, if you can turn on logging and then try to stream one of the crashing files, wait until it crashes and then send the logs to support it may help as well (but having the file here is better of course).

To turn on logging, please go to Tools -> Options and on the General page place a mark in the "Enable diagnostic logging" box. After that click OK to close the Options dialog and restart your Mezzmo server.

After serving the files, go back to Tools -> Options and turn off logging. At this time, you can click the View Log Files button, which will bring up a folder where logs are located, just zip everything up and send to support.

cocamartini
12-27-2009, 09:19 AM
Hi,

I wasn't using this option "Use low priority CPU when completing partially transcoded ...".
It seems that it works fine:

- using "very high priority" for "Transcoding CPU priority"
- restarting media server before starting playing avi's
- using the computer for doing ONLY transcoding

Thanks anyway.