PDA

View Full Version : Metadata not displaying on LG BD570

LarryJB20
06-28-2011, 10:47 AM
I cannot seem to get any metadata to display on my LG BD570. Is this possible in Mezzmo for this device?
Also I have manually updated this data for each video telling it to get the data from the internet. Is there a way to have Mezzmo do this automatically when a file is added to the library?

Paul
06-28-2011, 10:52 AM
Do you mean thumbnails (artwork) or other metadata such as artist/genre/etc...? Is it for music/video/photo files?

If you mean getting thumbnails for movies from the Internet, then at the moment this is only available on a per-file basis.

LarryJB20
06-28-2011, 11:36 AM
sorry for being so vague. I will try to expand.
I am trying to configure video playback only. I haven't even thought about music and photos yet.

I selected artwork from the internet for each of my videos and they display fine from within the windows mezzmo application. However, even though I see the videos on the BD570, it does not display the artwork.
I had been using Serviio and it retrieves the artwork from the internet and displays it through the UI of the player. I was hoping that mezzmo could do the same.

Paul
06-28-2011, 11:40 AM
Ah, ok, I understand now. Yes, I agree, if other servers display artwork, then Mezzmo should too.

Can you please turn on logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) then browse that folder with movies and once they all come up, stop the server and send the logs to support (at) conceiva (dot) com for further investigation.

LarryJB20
06-28-2011, 11:57 AM
I'm a bit confused about this logging. I followed the instructions, I checked on logging, stopped and started the server. Then from within Mezzmo I navigated to the folder with my videos. When I went back to turn off logging, it was not checked on. Then when I clicked the view log file there were only 2 exe files and no log file. What's up with that? What am I doing wrong?
Oh wait.... Those aren't files, they are folders. duh! Let me clear those puppies out and try this again.

Paul
06-28-2011, 11:59 AM
Those exe's are not files - they're folders. There should be files in MezzmoMediaServer.exe folder - if there are please send them in.

LarryJB20
06-28-2011, 12:15 PM
file sent.

Paul
06-28-2011, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the logs - someone will get back to you via e-mail soon.

LarryJB20
06-28-2011, 12:19 PM
Thanks for your quick response! :o

shywedge
08-17-2011, 03:23 AM
I have an LG570 as well. Is there a tweak that needs to be made to the device profile?

Thanks.

Paul
08-17-2011, 10:09 AM
I have an LG570 as well. Is there a tweak that needs to be made to the device profile?

Thanks.
If you're using 2.4.2 and have the LG BluRay device profile selected, then it should work. If it doesn't, please turn on logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) then reproduce the issue and send the logs to support (at) conceiva (dot) com - please mention what the issue is in your e-mail as well, so that it can be linked back to this post.

shywedge
08-17-2011, 10:55 AM
Thanks, Dennis for your response. I have sent the files to support.

smetaxas
08-26-2011, 06:23 AM
Any word on a solution? I'm having the same problem. Artwork shows up fine on my computer but getting no artwork when I pull up Mezzmo on my LG BD-590. Serviio worked as well for me with the artwork but too many of my files were not recognized by that server.

Paul
08-26-2011, 10:21 AM
This issue has been fixed and will be included in the upcoming minor update release. If you do want the patch now, contact us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.