PDA

View Full Version : Scanning NTFS Junction Points

duncs
06-28-2011, 09:00 PM
Hi,

I'm just in the process of setting up Mezzmo for the first time and having problem with it scanning my media files.

My media files are stored on 3 different disks on my PC, but to make it simple I have a folder c:\media and under this I have created NTFS junction points to the other locations. It looks like Mezzmo will only scan the real folders and not the junction points.

Any one know how to configure mezzmo to scan NTFS junction points?

Thanks
Duncan

Gus
06-28-2011, 10:07 PM
Duncan

i use junctions too for ease of use with SMB shares, but in Mezzmo I have added the actual drive letter of the source disk. After that Mezzmo doesnt care, and clients that connect only see the advertised name. Is there a reason you would like to use juntions in Mezzmo instead of the physical location? I know drive letters can change for usb disks etc but this can be overcome.
I'm sure we can help get it sorted.
cheers
Gus

duncs
06-29-2011, 12:51 AM
Hi Gus,

Thanks for the feedback,

I already had it all setup with Junction points (previous system could only index 1 location) hence the reason for just pointing Mezzmo to the existing configuration. Also it allows me to move data around and I only need to update the junction point rather than re-indexing 10,000's of files.

If it could work in the next version it would be great, but for now I will add each of the locations manually.

Thanks
Duncan

Gus
06-29-2011, 05:21 AM
Have you looked at the playlist feature?

Paul
06-29-2011, 09:49 AM
We'll test this here, but my initial feeling is that yes, Mezzmo will not go into junction points. I'll see if this is the case and if it can be fixed up.

Edit: Sorry, I was thinking of something else. Mezzmo indeed parses junction points just fine.

Paul
06-08-2012, 05:59 PM
Just an update - Mezzmo v2.6.3 has been released and this version now supports Windows junctions and symlinks. Let us know if you have any problems.