PDA

View Full Version : question regarding ISO files

ajpircio
06-30-2011, 12:44 AM
Hi there, I have been using Mezzmo for the last few months and I must say that it is an excellent piece of software. Being a developer myself I can really appreciate the hard work that goes into a project like this.

I also see you don't support ISO images and the only thing I could find was a post from a few years ago. I had an idea that might help you in that regard but I don't know if you are working on it or even care to add it at this point. It would save me a lot of trouble having to mount up my images and rip them, seems sloppy. I don't understand why you couldn't do that yourself on the fly... Mount an image to a virtual mezzmo drive, find the vob, and just transcode it.

Anyways thanks and keep up the awesome work!

Paul
06-30-2011, 08:58 AM
Hi,

Thanks - your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Regarding ISO files - the only reason we don't support them is because avlibs (FFmpeg) cannot process them, so we cannot get file information and thus cannot decide whether these files need to be transcoded or served natively to devices. Mounting an ISO as a virtual drive is a good idea and we'll investigate this further.