PDA

View Full Version : Issues detecting Media Servers On Sony Bravia

bryce0736
07-03-2011, 07:20 AM
Hello , I have a Sony Bravia KDL 46CX520 and I wanted to set up DLNA. So I got Mezzmo and plugged an Ethernet cable from my router to my TV and On my PC I am running the Mezzmo media Server and the windows media server but the TV says that the servers are not recognized and are not being shown! I have no clue what the problem might be! Thanks in advance

Paul
07-04-2011, 10:07 AM
Do you see the servers on the XMB?

The first thing I'd check is Network settings on the TV - there should be something like Server Display settings there (or similar). If you go in there, you should see Mezzmo and it will allow you to enable/disable (or show/hide) it. If it says that it's disabled or hidden there, please enable it and see if that gets it going.

bryce0736
07-04-2011, 06:45 PM
Hello Dennis

No , I can't see the servers on XMB.....

Yes I've gone to server display and it shows no servers not even the windows media server and also under streaming options in windows media player it is not showing the TV as a streaming device but yesterday it did show the windows media server for a while and then disappeared and have had no luck since. I am using a Ethernet cable running from my router.

bryce0736
07-04-2011, 08:08 PM
The Mezzmo server is working perfectly because my ipod can detect it and do playback as well using a app called 8player lite but why isn't my TV
detecting it then. Its a sony bravia KDL 46CX520 and it is DLNA certified so whats the problem here?

Paul
07-05-2011, 09:41 AM
Most likely it's a network permissions/firewall issue - your iPod is connecting via a wireless network, but your TV is wired through and thus the difference.

If you haven't already, please go through this post and see if it fixes your issue: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/1183-FAQ-Cannot-see-Mezzmo-on-your-DLNA-device - let me know how that works out.

bryce0736
07-05-2011, 06:26 PM
They are both connected to the same network.
Mezzmo server is running.
UPNP is off and I've disabled my firewall
IGMP snooping is disabled
I don't have another DLNA server other than Windows Media server
It is using device profile sony Bravia KDL but I have to manually add it because it doesn't detect but once its manually added the MAC addresses match.
Windows Firewall is already disabled and trusted fully by Kaspersky
I don't have Hamachi installed and it is set to home network

The thing is Windows media player 12 under streaming options isn't detecting it as a streaming device but 1 time for some reason it did and then disappeared a few seconds later....

Paul
07-06-2011, 11:07 AM
Have you tried disabling Kaspersky just to test whether it causes the issue (blocks communication)? I understand that your Windows firewall is off, but I'd suggest trying to disable Kaspersky as well.

There could also be some router settings that prevent UPnP traffic going through on the wired network - try going through the settings on the router and see if there's anything that is related to blocking or filtering.

Since the WMP12 server cannot be discovered either, it's a generic issue on your wired network. Check that ports 1900 and 2869 are not blocked by any software, as those are the ports used for discovery of media servers (and since they're not discovered, it's likely that those ports are not letting traffic through).