PDA

View Full Version : XBMC thumbnail integration

cunninglinguist
07-04-2011, 09:03 PM
Hello,

Love the product! One of the few DLNA server apps I have found that actually works with my Samsung TV + Bluray player.

I have a feature request: support for XBMC video thumbnails, which use the .tbn file extension.

As it is, videos can manually be assigned a .tbn thumbnail by viewing the file properties, selecting "Change Artwork" -> "Add Picture" and then typing "*.tbn" + enter for the filename to display all of the .tbn files in a directory, selecting one and hitting okay. This will assign the thumbnail to the video and it displays correctly in the app as well as on the TV DLNA client.

As such, I would imagine it would be a small change to allow .tbn in the list of thumbnail filetypes, as well as allowing them for automatic thumbnail detection, as the XBMC naming scheme is <video file>.tbn for <video file>.<avi/mkv>.

Additional details on the XBMC format is here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Thumbnails

Cheers!
~cunninglinguist

Paul
07-05-2011, 08:32 AM
Hello,

Thank you for the suggestion - we'll look into adding those thumbnails into Mezzmo in one of the next updates.

cunninglinguist
07-09-2011, 04:02 PM
Hello,

Thanks for considering this feature.

I don't know if this is the right place for this, but I have noticed a bug which relating to assigning thumbnails to videos. If you open the properties of a video file and add a picture, if you use press OK the picture is saved but if you use the next or previous file navigation (< and > buttons), a prompt is given saying that the item has been modified and asking if it should be saved, but selecting Yes does not update the picture.

Cheers!

Dion
07-10-2011, 08:20 AM
Hello,

Thank you for the suggestion - we'll look into adding those thumbnails into Mezzmo in one of the next updates.

You should also add Thumbnails to playlist. Hint Hint Hint :o

Paul
07-11-2011, 08:36 AM
I don't know if this is the right place for this, but I have noticed a bug which relating to assigning thumbnails to videos. If you open the properties of a video file and add a picture, if you use press OK the picture is saved but if you use the next or previous file navigation (< and > buttons), a prompt is given saying that the item has been modified and asking if it should be saved, but selecting Yes does not update the picture.

Thanks - we'll check it out.

You should also add Thumbnails to playlist. Hint Hint Hint :o
Yes, it's still on our list :)

Paul
08-11-2011, 03:48 PM
I have a feature request: support for XBMC video thumbnails, which use the .tbn file extension.

We've just released v2.4.2 that implements this, so please update your copy and give it a try.

For full release notes see this page: http://www.conceiva.com/products/mezzmo/whatsnew.asp