PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo 2.3.2 with Samsung UE37D5000

Bricki
07-08-2011, 04:04 AM
Hello,

I tried several other products and all had problems in discovering the TV and/or playing not everything or just losing connection.

I tried Mezzmo now for 2 or 3 days and it looked good, way better then anything else. But this evening, I had the same problem like with the others. I was watching a couple of .avi files on the TV and suddenly the connection to the server was lost. I started the Mezzmo console and tried looking into the loggs but they are too big for me, I just can say that is was around 8:15 to 8:30 pm where the connection was lost. I uploaded the logfile of the server.

Short info about my setting. I have a NAS which runs Windows Home Server 2011. I have currently only the integrated firewall running. The client is as mentioned the Samsung UE37D5000. My network consists out of a plain simple GBit Switch where the NAS is located and a couple of PowerLine Adapter from Devolo which connects the Switch/Router/TV together.

I hope you can do something with this information. Otherwise just ask if you need more.

Thanks

Jonas

Paul
07-08-2011, 08:50 AM
Hello Jonas,

Can you please zip up full logs and send them to support (at) conceiva (dot) com - as we need to see everything to try and investigate what has happened.

After the connection was lost, did it recover on its own or did you have to restart Mezzmo server?

Bricki
07-08-2011, 03:56 PM
I sent you the complete log, I just could not upload it yesterday because it was to big.

I restarted the Mezzmo server 2 or 3 times, then the TV found it again.

Thanks for looking into that.

Jonas

Paul
07-08-2011, 04:32 PM
Thanks for the logs - we'll investigate and get back to you via e-mail.

You mentioned that other servers also disconnect, which could hint at something on your network causing this. Have you checked if the powerline logs or statistics show any drop outs in transmission/throughput when these disconnects occur? I'm just wondering if the powerline causes a general network disconnect due to some interference or something like that.

fastbuck
07-08-2011, 05:44 PM
just a general info which caused abrupt disconnections on my samsung/mezzmo setup. i've used wireless earphones while watching movies late at night. since using an extension cable with my wired earphones i've no problem with mezzmo. btw i've used the sleek audio wireless kleer system.

Bricki
07-08-2011, 06:03 PM
I think the normal network connection was not lost, but I am not sure. When I connected to my NAS the connection to the Internet was there. I will try to look at it more thoroughly if it occurs again.

Jonas

Bricki
07-09-2011, 04:59 PM
Hi,

yesterday the same incident happened. I was not at home but my girlfriend did notice it she gave me the time 9:15 to 9:45 pm. I sent you the log. Also the server did not recover from itself. I had to restart Mezzmo server.

Thanks

Jonas

Edit: I did a little bit think. And it looks to me that if a network error or something would occur then the connection should recover from itself. For example if the PowerLine would lose connection and then reconnect. The server itself seems not to have that big of a problem, because I can connect to it via my Laptop with the WindowsMediaCenter. Therefore it seems that the connection between the TV and my Server is somehow strange. I will look at it more thoroughly the next time I encounter the problem. I have a couple of ideas to test it. I let you know.

Bricki
07-10-2011, 08:22 PM
Hello,

Today it happened again. At 12:36 :) this time I looked at the time. I will provide you with the log.
Also the server has not recovered yet. I restarted Mezzmo put it did not help. I will now restart my server and the TV then I will see what will happen.

Jonas

Paul
07-11-2011, 09:01 AM
just a general info which caused abrupt disconnections on my samsung/mezzmo setup. i've used wireless earphones while watching movies late at night. since using an extension cable with my wired earphones i've no problem with mezzmo. btw i've used the sleek audio wireless kleer system.
Very interesting. If possible, can you please send in logs using your wireless headphones (when it disconnects)?

Today it happened again. At 12:36 :) this time I looked at the time. I will provide you with the log.
Also the server has not recovered yet. I restarted Mezzmo put it did not help. I will now restart my server and the TV then I will see what will happen.

Thanks for the logs - we'll get back to you via e-mail on those.

Basically the server should recover itself within 15 minutes (in a worst-case scenario). If it doesn't during this timeframe, then most likely it won't at all and will need to be restarted.

Bricki
07-11-2011, 04:05 PM
Hi,

thanks for the fast answer. I agree with you that the connection from the Server to the TV is somehow lost/interrupted etc. Yesterday evening I tried several restarts of the mezzmo server and the actual server but it did not help. I still could connect with my Laptop to it and watch stuff, but my TV did not recognize it. The TV should have a internet connection. But I will try when the server is running again to look if it has internet and to even hook up my Laptop on the port where the TV is connected to look if the Laptop can connect to the server.

I came back to you, but my first impression is that the TV still has its internet connection because i remember i tested it, but I do not know exactly how far that was apart from the server failure.

Thanks

Jonas

Bricki
07-12-2011, 02:13 AM
So,

It happened again. I tested the internet connection on the TV it was there. I then tested with the Laptop if the Server is responding. It was there, at first it did not respond, but then I was able to stream over the Media Center. I will send you the log. The disconnect occurred shortly before 7:00 p.m.

The TV did not find the server after 15 min. I will wait and look what happens.

Jonas

Paul
07-12-2011, 08:14 AM
Thanks - we'll go through the new logs and see if there's anything that we can spot there.

Bricki
07-13-2011, 12:53 AM
So, I hooked it now directly up with the Server. Now it is only a Switch between them. They get the IP over DHCP like before only that they are connected through cables instead of power line adapters.

I also noticed, that the Speed was set to 1 GBits in the device list. Could that be a problem? I now limited it to 200MBits.

I let you know if whats happening.

Jonas

Paul
07-13-2011, 09:12 AM
Yes, please let us know if that makes a difference.

The speed setting shouldn't be an issue, especially that now you are connected via cables, so I'd recommend setting it back to the default, but it doesn't hurt either way.

Bricki
07-15-2011, 05:18 AM
Hello,

I have to say the direct connection of TV and Server worked quite well. I had a couple of small disconnects but the Server did recover immediately. But today at around 9:55 pm I had a Server disconnect and it did not recover from itself. I watch a video, I jumped a little bit and then it was gone.

I sent you the log. I let it run and look if it was only a one time thing or if it will happen more frequently.

Jonas

Paul
07-15-2011, 09:14 AM
Hello Jonas,

Thank you for the log - I'll get back to you via e-mail.

Bricki
07-18-2011, 06:51 PM
Hi,

I tested my Server now over the weekend with a direct connection and except the one failure, where I think that Mezzmo Server somehow had a severe problem, I did not have any disconnects. I will now go back to my original setup and try if the error occurs, if it does it has to do something with the network setup. The question would then be what because with the Laptop over the same network channels it is working.

I will let you know what happens.

Jonas

Bricki
07-20-2011, 04:44 AM
Hi,

I just noticed that the Trail Period of the Mezzmo server will end in one day. Currently I am quite happy with it, but I just have not sorted out the problem, so is there a way to extend this period?

Thanks

Jonas

Paul
07-20-2011, 08:25 AM
Yes, you can extend your trial period. Once your 15-day trial period ends, you can extend the trial by clicking the Extend Trial Period button when you re-start Mezzmo.