PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo + lacie lacinema + a bandwith question

Komerad
07-12-2011, 02:46 AM
A forum search did not shown any result so I ask here.

Lacie lacinema works with twonky wich comes with the lacie, I read somewhere about mezzmo and its rich functionalities.
But bad luck, the lacie doesnt pop in mezzmo's devices list, nor does the lacie see any server (I have shut down twonky to make sure mezzmo is the only one running.)
Is this known? Is there any limitations on trial that affect this?

Next to that I just have a general question as in howmany bandwith do I need to stream HD (+-10Gb mkv's)
I'm using 200Mb devolo's, the devolo cockpit shows speeds 74-80Mbit/s. Is this sufficient?

Paul
07-12-2011, 08:19 AM
Can you please turn on logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) then turn the LaCie off and on and try accessing Mezzmo from wherever you would normally access media servers (such as Twonky). Once Mezzmo fails to show up, please stop the server and send the logs to support (at) conceiva (dot) com and we'll take a look. Also, which LaCie LaCinema do you have exactly?

74-80Mbit/s is more than enough, provided that the throughput is consistent - that means there are no drops (at least not below 20Mbit/s) in bandwidth over the length of a movie.

Komerad
07-18-2011, 01:18 AM
Sorry for the late reply, it was a network issue that caused this. I will do some more testing on streaming soon.
Any discount coupons active for mezzmo alone somewhere? :)

Paul
07-18-2011, 10:06 AM
Any discount coupons active for mezzmo alone somewhere? :)
Not sure if there's anything available at the moment, but you could try sending a message to our sales team to see if they can offer you anything ;)

Komerad
07-19-2011, 12:32 AM
I have been testing it and i'm stunned with the results. I just bought it as is, i believe its worth it.
Hope it will work as fine with the samsung 40D5720 (still awaiting for stock at the store) as it does with the lacie and i'll be a happy customer :)

Paul
07-19-2011, 09:17 AM
We do have a "Samsung D" device profile, so hopefully it'll just work :) If it doesn't, just send an e-mail to support (at) conceiva (dot) com and we'll fix it up.