PDA

View Full Version : FYI regarding Norton Firewall and DLNA

gliot1
07-20-2011, 01:32 AM
I have found that Norton Smart Firewall and DLNA do not play in the sandbox very well together! For Mezzmo, and it appears most DLNA servers to work properly Norton Smart Firewall must be turned off. I had discovered this on my own system, and confirmed it via a number of posts on forums.

The bottom line is if you are having problems connecting to Mezzmo and have Norton Smart Firewall running, turn it off!

Paul
07-20-2011, 09:05 AM
Thanks for sharing this - I'm sure it'll help someone!

smitbret
07-21-2011, 08:42 AM
I have found that Norton Smart Firewall and DLNA do not play in the sandbox very well together! For Mezzmo, and it appears most DLNA servers to work properly Norton Smart Firewall must be turned off. I had discovered this on my own system, and confirmed it via a number of posts on forums.

The bottom line is if you are having problems connecting to Mezzmo and have Norton Smart Firewall running, turn it off!

That's odd, I have had zero problems running Norton Internet Security 2011 and Mezzmo. In fact, I dropped ZoneAlarm and moved to Norton because of this reason. It ran straight out of install. No tweaking of Mezzmo or NIS required.

gliot1
07-28-2011, 02:26 AM
I am going to try and turn Smart Firewall back on today and see what happens with 2.4, as this just seemed to start after the last previous release. The testing I did was very conclusive. Smart Firewall on, Mezzmo crash; Smart Firewall off, music plays "till the cows come home". I will give a shot again with 2.4 though.