PDA

View Full Version : Issues with transcoding

Notorepublic
07-20-2011, 03:35 AM
I was going to buy Mezzmo to use as my home media server but was unsure if it would work for my needs. I have been testing the latest version with primarily three devices.

Sony PS3 latest update.
Samsung LED 7000 series 3D TV.
Motorola Droid X w/ Android 2.3.3.

When playing a video file on the PS3 it plays great if no transcoding is needed. If it needs to transcode the file it does the first 10-20 minutes and the stops. This is consistent with multiple files. If you go to chapter selection it shows the first 20 minutes to select.

When playing a video file on the TV everything plays perfectly. But I can not seem to control the file in any way. I can play it, but the stop, pause FF, RW, do not work. To stop it I need to jump back to the folder tree. This makes it very difficult to

When using the Droid X I am able to browse Mezzmo, make a file play on the TV. I can have music from Mezzmo play on the Droid X but every time it tries to play a video file on the Droid X I get file type not compatible. I thought it would have transcoded.

If You have any suggestions as to how to resolve these issues please let me know.

Paul
07-20-2011, 09:14 AM
Please send a message to support (at) conceiva (dot) com mentioning this thread and I'll send you some updates to try.

Can you please also specify what is the exact model of your TV and which device profile you are using for it?

VinceA
07-21-2011, 02:30 AM
Wow, other than the Samsung TV, you're using the same equipment I am. I also have the issue with the transcoded files. Although I'd think the MP4s I'm using shouldn't need to be transcoded (H.264/AAC content)

Notorepublic
07-21-2011, 07:21 AM
Email is on its way. I have also posted it below.

Dennis,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I have to say support for your product is better then any other product out there.

In answer to your questions here is what I am using.

Device (Mezzmo device profile)
Sony PS3 latest update (Sony Playstation 3 compatible)
Samsung UNSSC7000WFXZA version SQ01 (Samsung C)
Motorola Droid X w/ Android 2.3.3 (Motorola Droid X)

If you need any other information please let me know.

Paul
07-21-2011, 08:46 AM
Thanks - I'll get back to you via e-mail.