PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Download Studio

justkoh
07-28-2011, 12:07 PM
Hi,

My copy of DLS is a paid version. I've been using DLS for 2 years now.

This morning I tried to download the MIRC chat program at http://www.mirc.com/get.html with Download Studio (DLS). I got an error message, something to the effect of "Data file cannot be read" and the program promptly closed. After that, all attempts to load DLS gets me that message and promptly exits. I've tried rebooting but it doesn't help. As my DLS was integrated with my web-browsers, I could not save anything as each attempt to do so loads up DLS, gives the error message and stops working/exits.

I was forced to uninstall download studio.

I tried to reinstall afterwards. Reinstallation from an older set-up file was OK. But when I tried to update, I get the following error on the auto-updater which says "Cannot write to a file". So updating fails as well.

Anyone can help me with this issue?

*Update* I used the download link and I'm now updated to Ver. 6.0.11.0.

Now I need help from the technical folks to provide me with a registration key since I paid for my copy previously.

Peter
07-28-2011, 02:02 PM
Hi,
the error message "Unable to load data file" means that DownloadStudio cannot open it's database, you will need to delete your database to fix this problem.
The database is located in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Conceiva\DownloadStudio on Windows vista and 7 where <username> is your username. On Windows XP the database is located in C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Conceiva\DownloadStudio.