PDA

View Full Version : Some questions about XBMC

ajpircio
07-30-2011, 12:02 PM
Hi! I've been using Mezzmo for a good few months now and I absolutely love it. I have some questions about using it though with XBMC

I have XBMC on an original XBox, and it seems to work fine for the most part. However, I can't seem to fast forward faster than 2x (my ps3 seems to go to 10x just fine)? I was wondering if there is a way to make this faster. Also when browsing SMB shares there is a "skip" feature that will skip ahead about 50-60 seconds in a video its streaming (button mash FF for the win!) and didn't know if this was implemented.

also i was wondering what the difference was between "XBMC" and "XBMC xbox" in the device profiles.

Thanks!
AJ

Paul
08-01-2011, 10:01 AM
Hi,

The "XBMC Xbox" device profile is meant to be used for the pre-XBox360 console with XBMC installed. The "XBMC" device profile is for the software player installed on another PC that Mezzmo can stream to.

We don't have an original XBox here to test, so I'm not sure if it's a limit of the firmware on it or something else. Does this happen for all files or only transcoded ones? If you have any native files, does it let you FF faster?