PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo HD Trailers and Samsung C-Series

fastbuck
07-30-2011, 07:59 PM
hi there,
i'm having a problem with hd trailer encoded by yahoo. they are 720p movs just like apple trailers. but playback stops after a few seconds and resumes just a few seconds later. i don't know if it's transcoded but i guess not since apple trailers are played without transcoding. could you check this for me and see if theres an error in the device xml or if it's a fault with the samsung c406000 tv. heres the link to the "tower heist" trailer for testing: http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll?sid=125991716&sdm=web&pt=rd (just click right and "save link under..."). thanks

Paul
08-01-2011, 01:04 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the link - the file is native and I've tried it here on our C-series TV and it also exhibits the same behavior.

Possibly it's the somewhat high bitrate of the file that causes this. Do you have any trailers that have the same format, but that play, so that we could check the difference?

fastbuck
08-02-2011, 07:21 PM
interesting isn't it?! my guess is also the higher bitrate of the yahoo trailers. they seem to have an 6900 kbps bitrate in average, the apple trailers only go up to 6000 kbps. seems like a tv problem... thx anyway!

HPP8140
08-02-2011, 09:51 PM
I have a 55c630 and have been experimenting with diff. streaming options lately. I also experienced the same issue using my netbook (10/100 network card) with mezzmo & fios router. I then switched to my full size laptop with gigabit & a gigabit router and it played smoothly. I then used my netbook with the gigabit router and it also played smoothly. Most likely it is a router bandwith issue for you also. I also download apple trailers & they play fine with my netbook setup.