PDA

View Full Version : 2.4 upgrade woes

l8router
07-30-2011, 11:13 PM
Hi all,

Thanks for the good work on this gem. I've been using it for over half a year without much trouble until I upgraded to 2.4 a few days ago.

The 2.4 upgrade wreaked havoc for all my TVs and blu-ray when streaming over network with DLNA, tested on:
1. Sony Bravia KDL-55HX800
2. Sony BDV-E970W
3. Sony Bravia KDL-46NX710
4. Sony Bravia 40EX600

Problems exhibited:
1. Directory listing beyond level 3 is broken, most of the time nothing gets listed
Video->Folders->[DRIVE LETTER]->Sub-folders (Where it's BROKEN, takes forever to load, mostly just times out)

2. The majority of video files failed to play, returns error messages on the TV such as "File is corrupted", "File not found" or "Lost communications to the server" etc.

After 3 reinstalls of 2.4, I had to give up and downgraded to 2.3.2, which kinda "fixed" all the problems mentioned above.

Server info:
Win 7 x64 with no firewall, emptied transcoding and temp file folders, Mezzmo is currently covering over 13k video files of roughly 10TB in total.

-Andy

larsmarcus
07-31-2011, 11:10 PM
I'm having the same issues on my Samsung Plasma C7705.

When trying to play selected videofile, it takes a very long time loading and then it just jumps back to the menu..

No issues on earlier versions..

Hope this will be fixed soon.

Neil
08-01-2011, 02:16 AM
I am also having problems since I upgraded to v2.4 I can't play video on any of my units ( PS3 / Sony TV / Direct-TV or Asus Transformer. I also tried uninstalling everything and rebooting and installing from scratch and that made no difference. If anyone finds a fix please post it.

Thanks
Neil

Paul
08-01-2011, 09:32 AM
Sorry for the bad experience you have with 2.4.

To help us narrow this down and get it fixed, please send in logs (if you haven't already) with those issues to support (at) conceiva (dot) com, so that we could analyze them to see what's going on.

l8router
08-05-2011, 09:45 PM
Thanks Dennis for the quick fix.

The new 2.4.1 update works very well for all my Sony devices and WDTV Live.

Suggestion: Could we have a built-in function that auto-cleans up anything in the temporary transcoding folder that are old than, let's say, 2 days? I found my transcoding folder constantly filled up with old crap, and in a number of cases, exceeded the quota eating all free space on the drive.

Dion
08-05-2011, 11:44 PM
Playback of WDTV Live Plus is completely broken for me with 2.4.1. Playback of WDTV Live is un-effected.

Paul
08-08-2011, 09:17 AM
Thanks Dennis for the quick fix.

The new 2.4.1 update works very well for all my Sony devices and WDTV Live.

Suggestion: Could we have a built-in function that auto-cleans up anything in the temporary transcoding folder that are old than, let's say, 2 days? I found my transcoding folder constantly filled up with old crap, and in a number of cases, exceeded the quota eating all free space on the drive.
Yes, thank you for the suggestion. This has been brought up before and it's on our development to-do list. The transcoding folder shouldn't exceed the quota as specified in the Transcoding Settings dialog though.

Playback of WDTV Live Plus is completely broken for me with 2.4.1. Playback of WDTV Live is un-effected.
I'll get back to you via e-mail.

l8router
09-10-2011, 03:42 PM
Similar issues reappeared when I upgraded to 2.4.3 last night.

gtapex77
09-11-2011, 09:10 AM
Hi

I am having the same issue with the Microsoft Xbox 360 profile where if goes to play and then goes back to the Menu (MKV). I have reverted back to 2.4.2 and this has resolved the issue.

l8router
09-11-2011, 05:09 PM
In addition to these problems, I found that Mezzmo 2.4.3 media server service was VERY prone to crashing (4 times in like 8 hours) for no apparent reason.

Reverted back to 2.4.2 and all good.

Paul
09-12-2011, 09:30 AM
Hi

I am having the same issue with the Microsoft Xbox 360 profile where if goes to play and then goes back to the Menu (MKV). I have reverted back to 2.4.2 and this has resolved the issue.
Please e-mail support and we'll send you an updated device profile to fix that.

In addition to these problems, I found that Mezzmo 2.4.3 media server service was VERY prone to crashing (4 times in like 8 hours) for no apparent reason.

Reverted back to 2.4.2 and all good.
If possible, can you please re-install 2.4.3, then turn on logging and try to reproduce those crashes? Once a crash happen, please send the logs to support and we'll investigate.