PDA

View Full Version : Support for CoreAVC?

JonnyFunFun
08-01-2011, 01:33 AM
Hi! I'm just trying Mezzmo out to replace my current PS3 Media Server + CoreAVC combo. My current setup runs okay, but there are some issues I have with PMS so I'm looking for something a little more rock-solid. What I like currently is using CoreAVC (www.corecodec.com) so that I can use the geForce 560Ti to do the majority of the transcoding, which leaves my CPU utilization around 10-15% when streaming HD videos to my PS3. Is there support for CoreAVC in Mezzmo, or a way to jury-rig it in? Thanks in advance.

Paul
08-01-2011, 10:21 AM
Hi,

Mezzmo uses FFmpeg for transcoding, so if FFmpeg can use such hardware accelerations, so can Mezzmo. We're experimenting with some hardware acceleration here at the moment, but I can't release results of that yet.

l8router
08-23-2011, 05:58 PM
Hi,

Is there any update to this? :)

I'd love to see this implemented in Mezzmo even as an experimental feature. It's not uncommon these days for ffmpeg to max out my CPUs (quad-core i5 / quad-core Xeon) when doing multiple transcoding for large HD files, while in the mean time my gfx cards are basically sitting there doing nothing.

It'd be a BIGGGGGGGG plus over any other DLNA transcoder out there on the market today.

Also as another minor feature request, I'd like to see Mezzmo incorporating the ability to assign/advertise different labels to network interfaces. For example, on the first Gigabit interface the user sets "Mezzmo (Giga One)", on the second sets "Mezzmo (Giga Two)". This will allow heavy users to intuitively load-balance across interfaces and reduce congestion.

Keep up the good job!

Paul
08-24-2011, 09:52 AM
No positive results to report yet, but we're working on this :)

Regarding network cards naming - thanks for the suggestion, I'll add this to the development list.

JonnyFunFun
08-25-2011, 06:06 AM
Thanks for the update, Dennis. Please keep me posted on the status of using CUDA/DXVA for assisting with transcoding. I'd even be more than happy to test it out for you because the lack of this is the single reason why I can't honestly migrate away from using PS3 Media Server + CoreAVC.

While PS3MS is a pain to get running and doesn't stream to my DirecTV boxes, the lack of being able to effectively stream my HD Matroska files without the GPU's help is seriously the only thing keeping me from Mezzmo. However I would gladly (and without hesitation) purchase and use Mezzmo in its place if it had this functionality.

As l8router said, as well - this functionality would put you guys lightyears ahead of your competition, both OSS and proprietary.

MMalte
10-10-2012, 05:46 AM
Hi there,

is there still no update to this? some way of CUDA implementation, or some way to make use of coreAVC would be great.

BR Malte

Paul
10-10-2012, 11:00 AM
Hi Malte,

Sorry, no progress as yet. It is still on our development plans.

MMalte
10-11-2012, 01:09 AM
Hi Paul,

is there any timescedule for this? I just ask because this seems to be the status for at least a year now...

BR Malte

Paul
10-11-2012, 10:58 AM
Hi Malte,

There is no firm timeschedule for it, rather a list of other features and development tasks that we need to finish before we get to it.