PDA

View Full Version : New File Source

FlyingVguitarist
08-08-2011, 12:14 AM
I purchased a second NAS device exclusively for media files. All files on NAS 1 were copied to NAS 2, but Mezzmo is still pointed to NAS 1. How can I [B][/easilyB] reconfigure my database to point to NAS 2 without editing each file property?

Paul
08-08-2011, 09:50 AM
If you kept the same folder structure and thus only the drive letter changed, you could manually edit the database using a tool like SQLite Browser and run an SQL statement to change the drive letter. I think that's the only way to do it.

Of course an easier way is to simply delete those folders from within Mezzmo and then re-add them from your new drive.

FlyingVguitarist
08-08-2011, 10:31 AM
It's one folder. All files are UNC mapped to an IP address (e.g. \\192.168.1.10\volume_1\media). I could flip IP addresses but don't want to confuse network routing (ARP, etc.).

Paul
08-08-2011, 10:38 AM
I'd just recommend to delete that folder from Mezzmo and re-add it using the new location. It shouldn't take too long to re-add the files and that's the safest and easiest way.

FlyingVguitarist
08-29-2011, 07:44 AM
Dennis,

Is there a way to preserve playlists while moving to the new storage array? If not, can I export each playlist, edit location and import into Mezzmo? It will take much time to rebuild the playlist structure if I have to delete them. If the db is SQL, I'm ok with editing it.

Paul
08-29-2011, 02:49 PM
There's no automatic way to do this, but the database is SQLite, so it's easy to change it manually (if you know what you are doing of course).