PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo causes reboot on streaming server after power outage

BeFi
08-08-2011, 12:50 AM
I encountered a power outage while streaming an mpeg2 video from my PC to Samsung C-series using Mezzmo 2.3.2.
After power got restored and PC restarted I tried to restart streaming as well. But everytime I tried Mezzmo crashed my PC immediately upon starting the video. the same effect appeared irrespective of the video file I accessed.

The workaround was to have Mezzmo maintain the library. After that the problem was gone an remained gone.

In essence I don't suffer from any problem right now but I would still request to analyze and fix this issue.

Remark: I had reported a blue screen issue of very similar appearance six weeks back which got resolved by upgrading the driver of my network adapter. Since then I never had the blue screen issues again until the power outage reported above.

Paul
08-08-2011, 09:53 AM
There's a slight chance that one of the database files was corrupt because of the power outage and this was then fixed during maintenance. It's hard to say without logs, so if this ever happens again, please turn on logging and send us the logs for investigation.

BeFi
08-09-2011, 02:23 AM
Hi Dennis,

I run Mezzmo with logging ON. Logs are attached which should reflect several attempts to start streaming and the crashes.
I omit the log that contains the first crash as that is a really large file representing several days of flawless streaming.

Best regards
Bernhard

Paul
08-09-2011, 09:21 AM
Hi Bernhard,

Thanks for the logs.

The first thing I'd suggest to try is update to v2.4.1 and see if that resolves the crash - there were quite a few fixes since 2.3.2, which may help.

BeFi
08-10-2011, 01:28 AM
Hi Dennis,

So I read that the logs I provided didn't tell you anything specific.

Given that I have fixed the issue for me via the complete library maintenance and with the many reported flaws in 2.4. in mind my decision is a clear 'I stay on 2.3.2 for now'.

I have a workaround should the issue reappear during a potential forthcoming power outage.

Paul
08-10-2011, 08:57 AM
Yes, the logs unfortunately didn't show anything specific that may cause a crash.

We'll have 2.4.2 coming out soon to iron out any 2.4.x issues, so I'd recommend using that once it's out.