PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo only recognizes half the file??

daveandris
08-08-2011, 03:05 AM
I've been working with getting my VC1 encoded files to play properly and I used the instructions in this thread (http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/1569-Native-format-for-Sony-Bravia-TV-Streaming) to pull the FFMPEG command out of the log files and use that to transcode it manually. It seems to have worked about halfway.

It streams without any stuttering which is what I was hoping for, but Mezzmo only sees the file as 28 min with in reality it's 1 hour 13 min..... FFMPEG info shows the correct length, Windows media sees the correct length, just the streaming server doesn't. When I attempt to play this file to any of my devices, when it reaches the 28 min mark it stops and gives File Not Found.

Any ideas?

Edit: When I play the file in Windows, I can play past the 28 min point with no issues

Aid
08-08-2011, 07:01 AM
have you selected the correct profile for your device?
what model device are you using?

daveandris
08-09-2011, 12:35 AM
This is independent of the device I was using. The length issue presented itself in the Mezzmo control panel itself when browsing my library.

I did find the solution to this late last night. If I right clicked on the video in my library (in Mezzmo), Properties, Video tab, the length there was incorrect. Once I selected "Get Properties From File", it updated to show the correct run time and all my devices were able to play the entire file with no issues. :cool:

Still unsure why it read incorrectly in the first place, but I have a solution now....

Paul
08-09-2011, 09:10 AM
Yes, it's very strange why the length is wrong when you add a file, but corrects itself when you get the properties manually.

Would it be possible for you to upload one of those files to a site like www.megaupload.com so that we could test it here?

daveandris
08-09-2011, 01:24 PM
Actually, I have been able to duplicate this and seem to have found the root of the issue, and you should be able to recreate it yourself with your own files, although I don't think it's something that should occur very often.

Here is the situation where this issue occurred:

Let's say I have a file called test.m2ts with a length of 00:28:00 stored in my library called movies. This file does not work as expected so I delete it. If I place another file named the same test.m2ts but with a length of 01:13:00 into the same directory, Mezzmo shows the 00:28:00 run time until I get the file properties manually.

It appears that when a file is removed from the directory, it's information is not removed from the library database. When another file of the same name is placed in the folder, it is given the information from the previous, but no longer existent file. Even "refreshing" the library (right click, refresh) or the individual file does not update this information, only by getting the properties directly from the file corrects this.

At this point, I've been doing all my file management through Windows since I primarily use the folder method for browsing my content from the device (I haven't gotten to play lists or anything yet) and the folders where I dump my copies and transcodes aren't included in my library so I'm moving them outside of Mezzmo which I'm sure is the cause of the issue.

Paul
08-09-2011, 01:26 PM
Ok, that makes sense now :) When you replace a file like that, you'll need to run maintenance and select "Update all information", instead of "Update missing information" and it should pick up the changes then.