PDA

View Full Version : Can't pause video

molan
08-08-2011, 06:52 PM
Hey,

I have installed a 30 days test of Mezzmo, but I can't pause any film steamed to my Panasonic VT20 TV.

Is it the Mezzmo software, a setting or the TV?

Paul
08-09-2011, 09:07 AM
Pause should work using either the pause button or the OK button. Can you please post FFmpeg information on a file that you are trying to play that doesn't pause and also please let me know which device profile you are using and I'll try to reproduce this here.

molan
08-11-2011, 01:58 AM
It goes for every single file I have tried. The profile I use is "Panasonic BDP".

Paul
08-11-2011, 08:46 AM
Can you please switch to "Panasonic Viera (No DivX)" device profile and see if that helps?

molan
08-11-2011, 03:31 PM
Sorry my mistake, I use my Panasonic BDP-310 (3D blu-ray player), becasue the sound system is set to this and not the TV.

The profiles of VIRA og VIRA 2011 doesn't work at all on the Panasonic BDP-310. "Panasonic BDP" seems to work, but has the following issues:

1. Can't pause, fast-forward, rewind etc.
2. Every video is transcoded, if transcoded is tuned off, no videos will play (including those that would play if at UBS key was used).
3. Somehow the picture format is a bit off, like the TV is 16:9, but I have to change it to 4:3 mode in order to preserve the right perspectives. Only then the TV cuts off a bit of the view, but rather that than long faces in odd perspectives.

I haven't tried "Panasonic Viera (No DivX)" , becasue some the files are DivX and the player is DivX certified.

Paul
08-11-2011, 03:36 PM
Please update your Mezzmo to the latest released v2.4.2 and see if it improves anything. We haven't tested that exact model, but at least pausing should work.

Playing files from a USB key is different to DLNA, so if a file play from a USB, it doesn't mean it'll play via DLNA and same goes for DivX - it may be certified to play disks with DivX files, but may or may not be able to stream those files.

Also, please try the "Panasonic HT" device profile and see if that's better - it should transcode less and perhaps the perspective will be correct as well, since it's not limited to 720p like the "BDP" one.

molan
08-12-2011, 03:32 PM
"Panasonic HT" didn't work. Maybe I should try to use the TV. The Panasonic VT20 is a 2010 model, so I will have to use the Viera profile not the Viera 2011 profile right? Is the Viera profile in 1080p?

Paul
08-15-2011, 08:47 AM
Yes, try the "Panasonic Viera" and also the "Panasonic Viera (No DivX)" profiles. They are both 1080p.