PDA

View Full Version : Sony SMP-N100

Keystone
08-15-2011, 06:50 AM
I can't see my video files in my folders. I can see the folders but no files can be seen. Anyone else using the Sony model I have and having any problems?

Paul
08-15-2011, 09:23 AM
Can you please confirm that you're using Mezzmo v2.4.2 and that transcoding is turned on?

Also, if the device has specific modes of browsing (e.g. Videos/Photos/Music), please sure that you're in the correct mode for Video.

If so, please turn on logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) then browse to a folder that should have files and once no files come up, stop the server and send the logs to support (at) conceiva (dot) com and we'll check them out.

Keystone
08-16-2011, 09:54 AM
Can you please confirm that you're using Mezzmo v2.4.2 and that transcoding is turned on?

Also, if the device has specific modes of browsing (e.g. Videos/Photos/Music), please sure that you're in the correct mode for Video.

If so, please turn on logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) then browse to a folder that should have files and once no files come up, stop the server and send the logs to support (at) conceiva (dot) com and we'll check them out.

Dennis, thanks for getting back to me so soon. Sorry it took me so long. I am using Mezzmo v2.4.2 and (transcoding is turned on).I am also using sony blu-ray players and they are working just fine. When using the SMP_N100, I can see all folders and the movies titles. When I click on the movie, I get the error (There is no playable file). I am goning to try and send the logging file to you. Guess what, I don't know where the logging file is to send?

Paul
08-16-2011, 09:56 AM
Ok, logs will help. Just click the View Logs button in the Options dialog and that'll take you to the correct folder.

Keystone
08-17-2011, 08:02 AM
Ok, logs will help. Just click the View Logs button in the Options dialog and that'll take you to the correct folder.

Dennis, I got the email and installed the new device file. Still no files to view with the SMP-N100. In Mezzmo program I can see all files in all folders. I did send the file lpg again to support.

Paul
08-17-2011, 09:14 AM
I'll get back to you via e-mail after going through the new logs.

Keystone
08-17-2011, 12:40 PM
I'll get back to you via e-mail after going through the new logs.

Dennis, STOP!! I WENT INTO MY MEDIA DEVICES AND TOOK ALL OUT. TURNED OFF THE SERVER AND SHUT PROGRAM DOWN. I TURNED EACH SONY UNIT BACK ON AND SEEN THE DEVICES THAT THEY WERE USING. ALL BLU-RAY WORK GREAT. THE SONY SMP-N100 NOW EVEN WORKS GREAT WITH THE NEW FILE YOU GAVE ME. I HAD ONE TO MANY MEDIA INSTALLED AND ONE WAS MESSING ME UP. NOW I HAVE WHAT I NEED AND ALL WORK FINE! THE PITCURE AND SOUND ARE GREAT. I WILL LEAVE THINGS ALONE AND SEE IF EVERYTHING WILL WORK OVER TIME. THANKS FOR STAYING WITH ME ON THIS!!! I THINK WE ARE DONE!

Paul
08-17-2011, 12:41 PM
I'm glad you're up and running - thanks for letting me know :)

asus
08-18-2011, 07:21 PM
hello everyone!
Yesterday i bought a sony smp-n10 network player, but i have a problem with the subs. I read that mezzmo is able to sent an external srt to mediaplayer. Is this possible? Also i have a problem playing the videofiles. Only when I turn off the transcoding i am able to play the files. what can tou advise me?

Paul
08-19-2011, 08:58 AM
Please send an e-mail to support (at) conceiva (dot) com and we'll send you an updated device profile to try.

I'm not sure if the SMP-N100 supports external subtitles, as we don't have one here to test, but perhaps someone with the device can tell us?

edytzu15
09-07-2011, 12:13 AM
hey i've got a sony smp about a week ago and today i bought a 16gb memory stick. When i tried to play a mkv movie from the stick it freezes and then resets. I don't know what to do can you help me?

Paul
09-07-2011, 09:10 AM
Sounds like that movie is not compatible with the SMP. Sorry, we can't help with playing movies from a USB stick, since Mezzmo is not used in that.