PDA

View Full Version : FFW / RW on DirecTV HR22

yeagergsd
08-15-2011, 11:30 AM
Hello,
I have not been able to rewind or fastforward when viewing my MKV movies transcoded through Mezzmo onto a DirecTv HR22. Is there something I am supposed to do to set that up? I have tried pausing (to let transcode), or even watch a movie again after it had been transcoded into a file.

I have a similar question for being able to resume a stream where I had pressed "stop".

thanks,
Yeager

Paul
08-15-2011, 11:43 AM
Hello Yeager,

It appears that some DirecTV models do not let you FF/resume transcoded files even after they've finished transcoding. We may have a work-around for this in a future Mezzmo version, but at the moment I don't think we can fix this.

If you tried any other DLNA server, can you FF/resume transcoded files?

smitbret
08-15-2011, 03:12 PM
Yeah, I have the same problem on the HR24. It's more of a DirecTV thing. DirecTV acknowledges that the media share option, at this point, is actually just a beta project that they have included as a feature. It may or not be expanded on or updated in the future.

yeagergsd
08-15-2011, 09:49 PM
Hello Yeager,

It appears that some DirecTV models do not let you FF/resume transcoded files even after they've finished transcoding. We may have a work-around for this in a future Mezzmo version, but at the moment I don't think we can fix this.

If you tried any other DLNA server, can you FF/resume transcoded files?

Thanks for quick reply. I have tried other DLNA servers, but can't seem to get any other to stream MKV files properly so my only viewing experience is with the Mezzmo.

thanks!
Yeager