PDA

View Full Version : Poor Logitech Revue compatability

shizzyraw585
08-16-2011, 04:41 PM
First of all, much kudos for getting MKVs with DTS working on the Logitech Revue. Mezzmo is the only DLNA server that I have tried (and I'm pretty sure I tried them all tonight) that can accomplish this. It's a really really big deal. I was all ready to hit the buy button and fork over my hard earned 30 bucks for the full version of your app, but after playing around with the trial for a bit I don't think I can. Basically, the big problem is that Mezzmo doesn't play nice with the Revue's search button. Once you hit the button and and type in a movie name the results are completely random in number and result. For example, typing in "Cars" produce 77 results which are completely unrelated to the query. Results such as, "Afro Samurai", "Always Sunny in Philadelphia 04x04" "The Number 23" etc... and random photos even though I have no photo sources in my library are typical. I do have all of 77 results in my library (except the photos, not sure what that's about), but again, they have nothing to do with my search.

Also, you guys really need an "All Video" option. Searching through multiple folders on multiple disks trying to track down a movie is extremely cumbersome.

TVersity does work well with the search button, but MKVs with DTS have no audio. So, I'm guessing it can be done.

Any information or advice you guys can share in regards to these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Also one quick question, does Mezzmo transcode the whole MKV or just the DTS track?

Thanks,

Shannon

Paul
08-17-2011, 08:48 AM
We'll look into what's broken in the Search on the Revue and have it fixed in one of the next updates.

Mezzmo does have an All Video folder - if you didn't modify the default playlists, it should be under Video. If it's not, or you removed default playlists, it's easy to create by adding a new Smart playlist.

We'll only try to transcode the DTS track, if the video fits within the profile, so in most cases, yes, only audio is transcoded.

Paul
08-17-2011, 01:15 PM
We've got some improvements in searching using the Revue, so if you send a message to support (at) conceiva (dot) com we'll send you a patch to try.