PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo noob questions

jlutes
08-19-2011, 10:33 AM
Shopping for a DNLA server and came across Mezzmo. Installed it and started playing with it and can't figure out how to do the following:

1. How do I scrape IMDB or another online database for cover art and metadata?
2. Don't see an Android app in the marketplace - is there a way to stream to phone/tablet?
3. I see a built-in audio ripper but no video ripper. Is there a suggested procedure or something I'm missing?
4. How would I choose multiple genres for movies...for instance, horror and action?

Paul
08-19-2011, 10:39 AM
Shopping for a DNLA server and came across Mezzmo. Installed it and started playing with it and can't figure out how to do the following:

1. How do I scrape IMDB or another online database for cover art and metadata?

This is not implemented at the moment, but will be part of a future version.

2. Don't see an Android app in the marketplace - is there a way to stream to phone/tablet?

If your Android device supports DLNA, then there's usually a player on it that can talk to Mezzmo. Generally, I'd recommend installing iMediaShare and RockPlayer, as this combination appears to work well (and use the "RockPlayer" device profile in Mezzmo).

3. I see a built-in audio ripper but no video ripper. Is there a suggested procedure or something I'm missing?

Mezzmo doesn't have a built-in video ripper - there are lots of different programs and techniques to do this, so just choose your favorite ;)

4. How would I choose multiple genres for movies...for instance, horror and action?
This is not implemented at the moment either, but it's also part of a future development plan.