PDA

View Full Version : A little moan.

Aturnb
08-20-2011, 07:27 PM
Apologies in advance for my post but I'm going to have a moan about your updates and how you implement them.

Why is it that everytime you issue an update I have to edit my Sony Bravia profile to get it to work correctly on my video files? I used to contact you by e-mail for you to issue me a working profile but I've stopped doing this now that I've learnt how to edit it myself. My point is, why am I having to do this at all? Why can't your software work off the same profile all the time? I have tried to backup the profile and then copy it back to the profiles directory but this procedure doesn't work so everytime I have to open up the newly installed SonyBraviaKDL.prf and edit it myself.

I don't think I should be having to do this at all with your software and so I'd like to ask you to look at a fixed solution that doesn't involve me having to edit anything.

Why can't the update software ask me if I want to keep my existing profile and make any changes itself to ensure the integrity of the existing profile is maintained?

Also, why can't we disable the auto-update pop-up? If there's an update available I don't need to keep being reminded of it every time I start Mezzmo.

Paul
08-22-2011, 09:01 AM
Device profiles are backed up into a subfolder during the update, so you could copy your modified file from there after each update.

Can you please tell me what modifications you are doing every time, so that I could check if we have a more suitable profile for you.

At the moment it's not possible to disable the auto-update prompt, but we'll consider adding such an option in the future.