PDA

View Full Version : A couple of problems since 2.4 release

Mark A
08-22-2011, 07:29 PM
Hi
I seem to have had a few issues crop up since the 2.4.0 release, currently on 2.4.2 and they are still there. Using a Sony KDL profile. I have a Sony KDL40EX403U
ff/rw:- I know you can't resume a file and this is a constraint of the Sony TV, but since the update if I try to ff to a point I was at previously it just comes up as file not found, same if I try and skip through at 30 second intervals. Obviously this is a real pain, expecially as mezzmo crashed last night 1hr 45mins into a 2 hour film...
I've also noticed the media server intermittently crashes, sometimes if I go to the video tab on the sony it gives me all the folders for Video / Music / Photo's etc rather than just video, then when I go into the video section, no files found. Restarting the media server doesn't always sort the problem out. I've tried deleting the Sony profile and let it find it automatcally, no joy.

Finally, yesterday my PC was on a go slow, when I looked at Norton 360 performance, FFMPEG was using 97% of the CPU, from what I could tell there was no transcoding going on, but even if it was it did seem very intensive. Is there a new build I can get.

Many Thanks

Mark

Paul
08-23-2011, 08:49 AM
Hi Mark,

Does Mezzmo automatically detect your TV or do you have to manually select the device profile for it?

If FFmpeg is using that much CPU, it sounds to me that transcoding is not going very fast and this may be the reason why you can't FF too much into the movie, since we have to data to serve. Please enable logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) then delete transcoded files for that movie (through the Properties -> Transcoding tab) and try playing that movie again and after it starts playing, stop the server and send the logs to support (at) conceiva (dot) com and we'll check transcoding speed.

Also, can you please give me more details on the server crash? Did you get any error message in Windows or did it just silently die on you? If any of these crashes are reproducible, it'd be great if you could log them and send those logs in as well.

We do have some updates available for the Bravia, but we'll need to see your logs first.