PDA

View Full Version : Codec corruption or over writes

lopicma
08-23-2011, 03:16 AM
Is there a list of programs that do no "play nice" with Mezzmo? I have been testing open source video converter/transcoders, and Mezzmo has stopped transcoding and playing MKV (primarily) files.

I have uninstalled it, and reinstalled it. I have run the Mezzmo repair. I have upgraded to the newest version,and then down graded back to version 2.3.2.0 (which seems to work best for my setup). I have also uninstalled the programs I thought were the problem.

Last time this happened, I was ready to blast my HD anyway, so I just did that. A rather "heavy hammer" for such a small problem.

Paul
08-23-2011, 09:11 AM
Mezzmo is self-contained, it doesn't use any codecs or software installed on your system and only uses one file - "ffmpeg.exe" for its transcoding, which is in Mezzmo's installation folder.

The first thing to check is whether your device profile has changed or is still the same.

Then, check that ffmpeg.exe is still in Mezzmo's folder.

If all is ok, please turn on logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) then try playing a file that fails and once it does, stop the server and send the logs to support (at) conceiva (dot) com