PDA

View Full Version : Stream IPTV multicast UDP

nttranbao
08-24-2011, 06:47 PM
Hi,

I come to this site after a thorough search on DNLA media servers, and think mezzmo should be the most suitable software (in terms of features and technical support).

I have one concern regarding IPTV stream: Does Mezzmo support streaming directly from IPTV that uses UDP multicast URL? Like udp://239.0.0.X:8208 for example?

Here is the link for more information: http://ps3muxer.org/pshare.html

Many thanks,
Bao Nguyen

Paul
08-24-2011, 06:55 PM
The current version of Mezzmo (v2.4.2) does not support IPTV streaming. We have discussed this and we do plan to have it as a feature in Mezzmo for a future version. However, we are currently working on several other higher priority features (pre-transcoding, subtitling, etc.) and that will certainly push out features such as IPTV streaming being incorporated into Mezzmo. But they do remain on our future roadmap.

nttranbao
08-29-2011, 04:17 PM
Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply. So it's good to know that you have started to plan for support of IPTV. Hope this will not take long.

Regarding your other higher features, I completely agree with subtitling (burnt into stream). It is the current issue that holds me from having Mezzmo as primary DLNA home server.

All the best to you and your team,

Bao Nguyen

Santa
10-12-2012, 11:03 PM
Hello,

Does the IPTV feature available now? I didn't see any news on this subject so far.

Thank you

JohnM
10-14-2012, 10:28 AM
They have been stating that url streaming would become available in version 3.0 due out in a couple of months. Keep in mind that a lot of iptv is sent encrypted (i.e. Uverse). Mezzmo will not decrypt or 'break' that type of stream.

Paul
10-15-2012, 09:38 AM
JohnM is right - we will have URL streaming in Mezzmo v3.0 but it will not be decrypting any DRM'ed or encrypted video.

Santa
10-18-2012, 03:18 AM
Thank you for replay,

I'm looking forward to the new version.

All the best for your team!