PDA

View Full Version : .jpg files intermixed with music using Smartlist

gliot1
08-25-2011, 12:52 AM
I have voiced this issue before and was patient hoping that it would be fixed with new releases. I have set up Smart playlists under music with years as the critera. when I do this it selects jpg files with those years as well. The only solution is to clear the year tag on each and every photo file which is in the thousands. This could also be remedied if I could put in year ranges and specify file type of mp3 with "all" rather than each individual year in the criteria.

Paul
08-25-2011, 10:05 AM
Do you have type set to "Music" for that playlist? If you don't, then it'll show all files that have years. Playlist hierarchy doesn't come into play, so it doesn't matter if you create this playlist under the Music folder or at your Library's root level - only the specific criteria in the playlist determine what files will come up.

A future update will allow more control over how playlists are created and will also allow you to build hierarchical playlists (based on contents from previous playlists).

gliot1
11-18-2011, 09:06 AM
yes the file type is set to Music.....that is what is so weird about it all. One would thing it would ignore photos. I would like to sort both photos and music by year at some point and not have them appear in each other's directories.

Paul
11-18-2011, 10:10 AM
Can you please send in a screenshot of the playlist's properties to support and I'll try to reproduce this here.