PDA

View Full Version : How to Add multiple folders locations to a dynamic playlist

Josip
08-26-2011, 02:42 PM
Hi Guys,

I want to make a playlist that has 3 folders from different locations in it.
How can I do this if it's possible? Unless I am missing something I couldn’t see any existing functionality to do this.

Movies (Playlist) - When I click on this playlist on my TV I want it to show all the movies that are stored on all my 3 HDD's
E:\HD#1
F:\HD#2
G:\HD#3

At the moment I have added each of the above folders to a playlist then created another playlist and dragged all the movies that are in the HD#1, HD#2 and HD#3 folders to the newly created playlist. It's not the ideal way of doing it as it’s not dynamically updated and doubling up on work. If I delete/move a move from one HDD to another it won't update the main playlist.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.:)
Thanks

Paul
08-26-2011, 02:54 PM
There's no playlist or folder in Mezzmo that can combine 3 folders into one location.

How about this?

1. Create (normal) playlist and call it like 'MyVideos'. No need to put any files in it. Empty is fine. It is just used as the parent playlist for your other folders.

2. Then, add a folder under 'MyVideos' for 'E:\'

3. Then, add another folder under 'MyVideos' for 'F:\' and another folder for 'G:\'

So it would look like:

+MyVideos
----+E:
----+F:
----+G:

Does that match what you are after? Since they are folders, they are dynamic and will list all files from these drives dynamically.

Josip
08-26-2011, 03:12 PM
Your suggestion is how I already have it setup.
+MyVideos
----+E:
----+F:
----+G:

The problem with the above setup is when you click on the playlist you don’t see all the movies listed together. I have just added a 5th drive and will be expanding.

Using a structure that looks like this is a pain.
+MyVideos
----+E:
----+F:
----+G:
----+H:
----+I:

Would it be possible to get the feature added in the future?
Something like what Windows 7 has for its Documents such as multiple “Library (folder) locations:”

Paul
08-26-2011, 04:25 PM
We may consider your idea for a future version.

For the moment, it sounds like you want the "All Videos" playlist that is installed with Mezzmo but for it to be dynamically updated. The "All Videos" playlist lists all your videos in your Mezzmo library in one playlist. In the current version, you have to maintain your library to have your "All Videos" updated with the videos in your dynamic folders. That could be a workaround for the moment - schedule a daily maintenance update of your library and use "All Videos".

Josip
08-26-2011, 05:36 PM
"All Videos" isn't what I am after as I have my videos split up in HD, SD, Docos, TV-Shows and Kids. Having all the videos in one playlist is to time-consuming to sift through to find what you want to watch.

Having the ability to add multiple folder locations to my playlists would be very time saver and easier to manage. As I have a huge library of music, Movies, TV-Shows and Pictures it’s easier to just add another folder from another HDD to a current playlist.

That’s fine I will just continue updating the playlists the long way hoping that you will eventually implement the feature.

I appreciate all your help.

Thanks.:)

Paul
09-18-2013, 08:10 AM
Just an update - Mezzmo v3.4 now has a new feature called Merged Folders and this lets you combine folders from different drives (NAS, USB and internal) so that you can browse a single folder structure in Mezzmo and on your devices. See this FAQ for more details - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/6338-Tutorial-How-to-merge-folders-from-different-drives-%28NAS-USB-or-internal%29