PDA

View Full Version : Newbie evaluating trial

Johnnieguitar
08-27-2011, 09:21 PM
Hi, I found Mezzmo when looking for an alternative to Serviio (for my Sony Bravia).

So far, it's looking good and I'm trying to get to grips with Transcoding. In the Transcoding Settings window, the 'Complete partially transcoded audio/video files in background' box is greyed out. Is this because I'm using the trial version?

If not, how do I get to select it?

Paul
08-27-2011, 10:03 PM
Hi,

It sounds like transcoding is disabled for some reason. It could be that FFmpeg is missing or something else. Do you see a "build date" at the top of that dialog?

Another possibility is if your CPU is determined to not being able to handle background transcoding - can you please tell me what CPU you have?

Johnnieguitar
08-28-2011, 12:57 AM
Hi,

It sounds like transcoding is disabled for some reason. It could be that FFmpeg is missing or something else. Do you see a "build date" at the top of that dialog?

Another possibility is if your CPU is determined to not being able to handle background transcoding - can you please tell me what CPU you have?

Hi Dennis, thanks for your prompt reply. The build date is Aug 10 2011 11:16:35. My CPU is a Mobile AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3500+ 1.80GHz. I have 1GB of RAM installed.

Paul
08-29-2011, 03:48 PM
If it's a single-core CPU, then background transcoding will be disabled, since you need at least a dual-core for background transcoding. I suspect that's what's happening.

Johnnieguitar
08-29-2011, 04:30 PM
If it's a single-core CPU, then background transcoding will be disabled, since you need at least a dual-core for background transcoding. I suspect that's what's happening.
OK Dennis, thanks for your time & info.