PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo meta data

kitsunegari
09-02-2011, 04:14 AM
Specifically year. You can put the year of film/etc in the details, and yet when loading the file, it appear to load the year the film was copied to my server?

Eg film Nuns on the run, year 1990. Loads as 2007...?

Paul
09-02-2011, 03:15 PM
The device should use the year that you provide, but some devices will ignore that and just use the file time. What device do you have?

kitsunegari
09-02-2011, 04:18 PM
Ah its the device rather than mezzmo? Sony Bravia.

Paul
09-02-2011, 04:31 PM
We present various data to the device and then it's up to the device to pick what and how it displays. If you could send us logs, I could then confirm whether the changed year is delivered to the TV and at that point, it would be out of Mezzmo's hands.

kitsunegari
09-03-2011, 02:10 AM
Ok i'll try getting some logs; and in addition to which I presume its entirely up to the device how thumbnails are rendered?

Paul
09-04-2011, 01:47 PM
Yes, some devices will show thumbnails and some won't. Sony Bravia TVs generally support thumbnails, but there could be some firmware variations that don't.

kitsunegari
09-05-2011, 06:08 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of how they're rendered. Mine is a 4th generation Bravia engine and it does display thumbnails, I just wish there were other options :p.

Eg a split type page with the film you're hovering on zoomed in on and the meta info displayed below it, something like this as my amazing microsoft paint skills show:

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5531/thumbnailview.png

or split horizontally. Or something like apples flow type thing (not that I like that).

A bit like how XBMC is skinnable, thats something I'd really like, but am not sure is possible.

Also, in regards to meta data and the year displayed to device; what am I looking for in the log? The latest log is over 100MB so don't really think its possible to email in..

Paul
09-06-2011, 08:59 AM
Nice picture :) This would be up to the device - rendering is done completely by the device, so the UI on the device is in its firmware.

The logs should compress well, so if you can zip them up and send them in, we'll take a look. If you want to look yourself, then search for "<item" and see the tags in there.

kitsunegari
09-06-2011, 08:15 PM
<item id="all*pn/0*fv/53169" parentID="all*pn/0*wc/266/645" searchable="0" restricted="1">
<dc:title>Spiderman II</dc:title>
<upnp:class>object.item.videoItem</upnp:class>
<dc:creator>Unknown Creator</dc:creator>
<upnp:album>Films</upnp:album>
<upnp:genre>Action</upnp:genre>
<av:mediaClass>V</av:mediaClass>

<dc:date>2011-08-27T06:57:13</dc:date>

</item>It would appear that in the meta info the date isn't transmitted to the device, and the "date" field is merely when its copied to the server share (I have removed the log info about album art and dlna profile for brevity).

Paul
09-07-2011, 09:18 AM
Yes, actually it appears that we only set the year for music files, but not for videos. I'll get that fixed and it should part of the next update. Thanks for picking this up!

kitsunegari
09-12-2011, 03:12 AM
Good to hear, thanks :).