PDA

View Full Version : create a list of last 5 added video files or folders

sharadjjw
09-02-2011, 03:48 PM
Hi, I am a paid user and I would like to know if there is any way i can make a dynamic list which shows the last 5 recently added vide files/folders?

Paul
09-02-2011, 04:04 PM
Yes, you can create one - it'll be a Smart Playlist and you will need to set its limit to 5 and sort order to most recently added. You can also add criteria to further narrow it down (such as only music files, for example).

sharadjjw
09-06-2011, 02:16 PM
but the problem is that it doesn't get refreshed everytime i add new files, it only shows the last 5 files added when the playlist was made, that is no use...

Paul
09-06-2011, 02:17 PM
It should be refreshed automatically with new files. Are you looking at it from Mezzmo or from your device? Some devices may cache playlists and that could be the problem.

If it doesn't refresh in Mezzmo either, can you please post a screenshot of the playlist properties dialog, so that I could check what could be wrong?

sharadjjw
09-06-2011, 02:36 PM
both, it doesn't get refreshed in either place, once i get home today, i will send you a screenshots, will also check out the new pre release version and let you know.

sharadjjw
09-06-2011, 06:26 PM
146 hi here is the screenshot of smart playlist which is supposed to refresh but doesn't

Paul
09-07-2011, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the screenshot. It appears to work fine here.

Can you please confirm that you are using the latest Mezzmo v2.4.2?

Also, can you please tell me how you add files to your Library?

sharadjjw
09-07-2011, 10:15 PM
I have specified a folder "videos" on the hard disk and i download it from torrents into that folder so the folder is constantly being updated

Paul
09-08-2011, 08:53 AM
Ok, but you don't run maintenance or access that folder from Mezzmo's GUI or the server, right? Unless you do one of those things, new files will not be added to the library and thus won't appear in the recently added (or any other smart/active playlists).