PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo service keeps crashing at the end of video file playback

Fork
09-03-2011, 10:15 PM
I am a registered Mezzmo user, and I am running Mezzmo v2.4.2.0 with a Sony BDP-S350 using the Sony BDP (PAL, No DivX) profile. I am getting frequent crashes of the Mezzmo service which happens once a (video) media file has finished playing. I can find no commonality with the media files - they are different codecs and formats. I can watch one or two video files in a row just fine. But then if I then select another file to play I get the message from my Sony BDP-S350 that "The media server has stopped responding" (or similar). And if I then look on my computer then I find that the Mezzmo service has stopped.

If I start the Mezzmo service manually then it starts successfully, and I can watch one or two more media files. But then it crashes again.

The only consistency appears to be that it ALWAYS happens at the end of a media file being played-back. Mezzmo never crashes whilst it's actually streaming something. It ONLY ever happens at the END of a file.

How can I go about troubleshooting this? This is fairly recent but I can't pinpoint exactly when it started happening. In other words, I'm not sure if it happened with the previous build, but would be happy to test it if you an point me in the direction of a download link.

I can also enable logging and watch a few files, unless you think the log files would become too big.

Thanks,

Fork.

Paul
09-04-2011, 01:24 PM
The first step would be to get those logs going - don't worry if they are too big, they will compress well and even if they are over 10 MBs compressed, we can use a site like www.megaupload.com to get them. Once we have the logs, we'll be able to check this further.

Also, do you FF/REW/pause during playback?