PDA

View Full Version : Resizable Add Job Dialog form (with memory)

Chris Gorringe
09-14-2011, 07:22 PM
Because of the nice feature of pre-emptive folder browsing that is in the Add Job dialog, I rarely need to use the Browse button. However, because of this, the dialog is always too small to be able to display the full path and easily see what path is being offered.

Could we have a resizable form and for the size to be remembered?

Thanks

Chris

Peter
09-19-2011, 07:58 AM
This is a good idea, we will try and include this feature in one of the next versions of DownloadStudio.

peterandre123
10-15-2011, 05:28 PM
Because of the nice feature of pre-emptive folder browsing that is in the Add Job dialog, I rarely need to use the Browse button. However, because of this, the dialog is always too small to be able to display the full path and easily see what path is being offered.

Could we have a resizable form and for the size to be remembered?

Thanks

Chris

Hmm, this is an interesting idea, would like to see this feature in future versions.

Brent
10-17-2011, 04:21 PM
A resizable Add Job dialog will be included in DownloadStudio 7.0. Look out for this release later in the month.

Chris Gorringe
10-27-2011, 06:33 PM
Thanks for putting this in 7.0.5. It works exactly as I was hoping. First class.

Chris Gorringe
10-27-2011, 08:25 PM
I have one slight issue with the Add Job form since the upgrade and that is that the URL text box and the Folder Combo box both appear to get focus when the form is opened. However, the URL text box actually has focus so you now have to change the focus to the folder combo before you start typing anything otherwise, you overtype the URL which is not good.

I have worked around the problem for the moment using AutoIt but if this could be fixed, it would be great.
Thanks

Peter
10-28-2011, 07:31 AM
The URL text box has always had the focus when opening the Add Job Dialog, you need to use the 'tab' key to shift focus to the folder combo. Both the URL and the folder have all their text selected so that you can easily start typing and replace the contents (or use paste) without having to select all.

Chris Gorringe
10-28-2011, 09:54 PM
Hi Peter

I had always thought that I simply starting typing the folder location without tabing to the combo box. I even installed 6.0.11 onto an XP Vm just to see what did happen and you are absolutely right.
However, with 7.0.5, both the URL and Folder text is selected so at first glance, you don't know which one has focus until you type something or press the tab key to move the focus.
Perhaps I will have to keep my AutoIt work around!

Many thanks
Chris

Peter
01-05-2012, 03:49 PM
The resizeable Add Job Dialog was implemented in DownloadStudio 7.0.5, this is available for download now.