PDA

View Full Version : Add SortTitle field in addition to title field, or allow sort by filename

sspotts
09-15-2011, 02:16 PM
In many cases I'd like to have a set of movies, like the Lord of the Rings, show up on my devices in the order of the series, not alpha order by title. If you added a SortTitle field to handle the sorting, yet display the Title field on the device, it would be awesome. The Austin Powers, Batman, Superman, X-Men, etc., movies are more examples.

Paul
09-15-2011, 02:24 PM
Thank you for the suggestion - it's a good idea and we'll add this in for future development.

kitsunegari
09-15-2011, 05:33 PM
Another vote for this, along with more consideration for sorting by different methods would be good :).

eric.morand
12-16-2012, 02:01 AM
I second this request.

By the way, do someone know what is the "official" mp4 tag for this ? iTunes add a "titlesort" tag when the sort title is added to a movie...

Paul
12-16-2012, 01:40 PM
Mezzmo v3.0 will have more sort fields for your smart playlist and active playlists - including the series. We have not implemented "titlesort" as yet though.

eric.morand
12-17-2012, 06:41 AM
At least you confirm that the tag is named "titlesort". A very good news to me since I'll use iTunes to manage my library and Mezzmo to share it with my connected devices. Consider me as an happy customer... :D