PDA

View Full Version : Organizing Media Files for Samsung TV

yoopi
09-16-2011, 03:08 AM
Hi ! :)

I just bought a Samsung TV (samsung ue40d5720 serie 5) and try Mezzmo to share my media files. You probably think I'm stupid but even by reading the mezzmo guide, I not sure to understand basic functionalities. Particularly with a samsung TV. To be more clearly as possible, I ask few questions :

- Can I visualize on the TV, other root organisation than Video, Music or Photo ? In mezzmo, If I create a folder, or playlist on the root of the Librairy, I can't visualise it on TV. Is this normal ?

- If it is normal, How can I access in the same "folder" of the TV, video and music files. This can seems not very clever, but I have this following organisation on my hard disk :
c:\Movies -> Only video files. No pb
c:\Audio -> Music files and Video Clips.

I don't want on my tv to pass from music to video "folder" each time I want to listen to a music and then watch a video clip of the same artist...I'm not sure if i'm very clear, my english is very bad.

- A subsidiary question ;). My TV is a serie 5, which profil should I choose in Mezzmo. Samsung D is set by default. Is it the "best" for my model (ue40d5720) ?

Thank in advance for your help if someone understand something of my message.

"Yoopi"

Paul
09-16-2011, 08:45 AM
- Can I visualize on the TV, other root organisation than Video, Music or Photo ? In mezzmo, If I create a folder, or playlist on the root of the Librairy, I can't visualise it on TV. Is this normal ?

Hi,

Yes, this is possible by modifying the device profile. You'll need to:

1) go to your DeviceProfiles folder (see this thread for its location: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/467-FAQ-Where-are-device-profiles-located)
2) right-click on the "SamsungD.prf" file, bring up Properties and remove the read-only flag
3) open the "SamsungD.prf" file using Notepad
4) near the top find "respectfeaturetyperequest" and change it to:

respectfeaturetyperequest="0"

5) save the file
6) restart the server and you should now have the same layout as your library

I don't want on my tv to pass from music to video "folder" each time I want to listen to a music and then watch a video clip of the same artist...I'm not sure if i'm very clear, my english is very bad.

This is a limitation (or a "feature") of the TV's firmware - you have to switch to a different mode to play a different file type.

- A subsidiary question ;). My TV is a serie 5, which profil should I choose in Mezzmo. Samsung D is set by default. Is it the "best" for my model (ue40d5720) ?

Yes, continue using "Samsung D" as long as it works ok ;)

yoopi
09-17-2011, 06:58 PM
Hi !

thanks for your answer.
I change the device profil that I use (samsung D) following your advises.
I restart mezzmo and TV, but I always can't visualize the root playlist I create with mezzmo.
I join 2 pictures to illustrate my comment :

On my computer :

On my TV : can't see the 'Audio et video' playlist.

Thank in advance for your help. :)

Yoopi.

yoopi
09-17-2011, 09:58 PM
Hi,

Again me.
Soory for the last message, don't take it into account. It's work in fact.
Thank you very much for your help ! :)

Youpi