PDA

View Full Version : Completely Turn OFF Thumbnails. Please?

ZazaBB
09-16-2011, 06:46 AM
I have Mezzmo running with over 20,000 videos and am about to register another copy as well. I absolutely love the software, except for thumbnail generation. Several months back I asked if this could be done and was told it was a near future option. The latest update to Mezzmo which enabled thumbnails on many devices that couldn't previously show them has caused issues directly related to that added feature and I had to revert back to an earlier release.

Is there an option hidden somewhere that I am missing, or has this not been added yet. If not, when, please please please can it be added.

Thanks!

Paul
09-16-2011, 08:46 AM
No, that hasn't been implemented yet. I'll try to bump the priority here.

kitsunegari
09-16-2011, 07:33 PM
Could this have an "per folder" setting if it does get implemented?

ZazaBB
09-16-2011, 11:47 PM
Actually, I always wondered why ANY option, such as Thumbnails or Autoupdate, etc isn't implemented as a function that can be chosen as opposed to being forced. One would think options can be set as "default" but able to be used or not depending on the use of the software.

All in all, it's a great piece of software and I don't envy the staff's task of trying to please the users, but I would love to see any and all of the "frill" functions or features implemented as On/Off options.

Thanks Dennis and I look forward to the addition of the switch... my finger is aching to mash it!

Paul
09-19-2011, 08:54 AM
I'm not sure about having it on a per-folder basis - what would be the benefit of that?

We're trying to make some things optional and perhaps some historically "forced" functions will be made options as well.

kitsunegari
09-19-2011, 07:12 PM
I'm not sure about having it on a per-folder basis - what would be the benefit of that?
I'd want to show thumbails for somethings, and not for others. Eg no thumbnails for music but thumbnails for videos.

Paul
09-20-2011, 08:55 AM
I'd want to show thumbails for somethings, and not for others. Eg no thumbnails for music but thumbnails for videos.
Ok, noted. I suppose this is useful for devices that don't show thumbnails in certain features.

xFallenAngelx
06-09-2012, 05:29 PM
Were any of these features implemented? I can't find how to turn thumbnails off, and generating them for 18,000+ files is a bit tedious.

Also, i've noticed that my thumbnail sizes settings aren't sticking. :/ Is this because Mezzmo is currently trying to get thumbnails? (Latest Mezzmo 2.6.3.0)

Paul
06-11-2012, 05:40 PM
In the current version of Mezzmo, you cannot turn off generating thumbnails. For music files, you can turn off getting thumbnails from the internet (go to Options dialog - Retrieve Album Information page).

With regards thumbnail sizes, you can change the size of thumbnails created and streamed in the Options dialog - Streaming page. After changing the size, exit Mezzmo and restart Mezzmo - then Mezzmo will create the new sized thumbnails for all files that are already queued for thumbnail generation in the Status pane. Your device profile may have the thumbnail size set to 160x160 pixels so if you are not seeing larger thumbnails on your device, contact us at support [at] conceiva [dot] cpm and we'll supply you with a custom device profile that has the larger size.