PDA

View Full Version : Devices screen and device properties

Tokyo
09-18-2011, 02:51 PM
In the devices screen I would like to see some more information on the devices, including name and properties.

My TV operates both as a client and a server. As a server it is listed under the networks tab with the correct name, but under the devices it is listed as unidentified.

Paul
09-19-2011, 08:47 AM
Sounds like we weren't able to auto-detect the firmware player used by your TV. Can you please tell me what TV (make and model) it is?

Tokyo
09-19-2011, 11:05 AM
It is the Hitach XP05 http://av.hitachi.com/tv/xp05/index.html

The fact that the host name is displayed in the network tab, means that Mezzmo is aware of the host name.

I would like to the host name in the devices list as well. Also, while the device was not recognized, the fact that it appears in the device list means that Mezzmo recognized it as a media device. It would be nice if there a properties option which would show some of the information provided by the UPnP protocal. This would allow us to make better guesses about the device and it capabilities.

Paul
09-19-2011, 11:17 AM
The names displayed in the network tab are coming from media servers (such as the server built-in your TV), while devices that appear in the Media Devices dialog are detected media players. Your TV wasn't recognized because we don't have a device profile for it yet. Once we create a device profile, and provided that the TV uniquely identifies itself, it will be auto-detected there as well. Unfortunately, in most cases, media players don't provide information on what they support. Some of them do, but most do not.