PDA

View Full Version : Displaying Album Art on Onkyo AVR

rjwolak
09-20-2011, 06:22 AM
I am in the process of selecting a DLNA server for my new Onkyo AVR (NR809). Does Mezzmo display album art when playing music? My selection is down to Twonkymedia and Mezzmo. I prefer Mezzmo, however, Twonkymedia displays album art and Mezzmo does not.

I have selected Onkyo TX as Device profile. Each song contains album art, and each folder contains a folder.jpg. Running Win XP SP3.

Thank You

Paul
09-20-2011, 09:07 AM
Yes, we have a patch for that, please open a support ticket and we'll send it to you.

tjcalderon
09-29-2011, 03:26 AM
Dennis, I am new to this forum because I am in pursuit of software that will work out my problems.

I need a media player that will allow me to tag all of my music (flacs and mp3s) update the actual music files not just in the program, so my Onkyo TX-NR808 will display all the information I enter; like album art.

You say you have a patch? I haven't downloaded or tried Mezzmo out yet...but is Mezzmo going to work for me?

I appreciate all your help

Paul
09-29-2011, 08:47 AM
Mezzmo does not have a tag editor, so your changes are stored in Mezzmo database and they are not written into the actual files. However, Mezzmo does send all required information to the device, so it (the device) should display it properly.

I'd recommend downloading and running a trial version to see how it works. After you've done that, open a support ticket and we'll send you a patch to show album art on the Onkyo as well.

Paul
09-30-2011, 02:14 PM
This issue is now fixed in the new version 2.4.4 - please update your copy of Mezzmo and album art should now display on the Onkyo.