PDA

View Full Version : QOS support

l8router
09-20-2011, 01:07 PM
Hi guys,

It would be great to have Mezzmo send out media stream marked as high priority traffic. There're a bunch of devices that can take advantage of the markings, e.g. switches, ethernet over power adapters, wifi APs.

Thanks.

Paul
09-20-2011, 01:11 PM
Hi,

Thank you for the suggestion. We've considered this in the past, so perhaps it'll be brought up again in one of the future versions.

itsmydamnation
09-21-2011, 10:53 AM
Hi,

Thank you for the suggestion. We've considered this in the past, so perhaps it'll be brought up again in one of the future versions.

if you do , please make it configurable and allow it on both IP precedence/DSCP( in ip header) and TOS field ( in MAC/ethernet header). reason is most switches work on TOS for QOS and most routers work on Ip pre/DSCP.

cheers

Paul
09-21-2011, 12:05 PM
Thanks - we'll keep that in mind when we get to investigating/implementing this.

rkneeshaw
12-07-2011, 11:32 AM
I second the motion to add QoS support to Mezzmo. Video traffic is just what QoS was designed for (actually voice and video) and I'm surprised it hasn't been added already?

I agree, should be configurable or selectable as well.

Paul
12-07-2011, 11:38 AM
Thanks for your thoughts. As Dennis mentions, it's on our development list and will be added into a future version.