PDA

View Full Version : Best Blu-Ray player streamer for MKV files?

smetaxas
09-21-2011, 12:16 PM
I have been using an LG BD 590 for my main room & since getting Mezzmo running, I'm loving the interface.
It has 3 different views for thumbnails & the transcoding has helped with playback on a lot of files. However, there are still quite a few files that won't play & lots of fast forward & rewind issues.

I just purchased a Sony BDP-S580 that plays & fast forward/rewinds all of the MKV files but the interface is terrible. Looks like a PS3 & no thumbnails so far.
Is there a way to get thumbnails working or is there a player that has the best of both worlds?

I really just use it for Netflix, streaming from my computer & Blu-ray discs.

Paul
09-21-2011, 12:19 PM
Can't recommend anything specifically, but just to add in Samsung, which has thumbnails and plays most MKVs you can throw at it, but no FF/REW... If those three were to make one player, that would be good :)

smetaxas
09-22-2011, 03:53 AM
Is there no way to make the thumbnails show up on the Sony?

Does the Panasonic DMP-BDT210 work with MKV files?

Paul
09-22-2011, 09:01 AM
It's the Sony's firmware that doesn't support thumbnails - they'll have to update their firmware.

I don't think the BDT210 supports MKVs.

smetaxas
09-28-2011, 12:54 AM
Is the problem with the LG in the player, the files or the transcoding to the player?

Is there a program that will "fix" the MKV files so they will work with the LG or is it some sort of software/firmware problem on LG's part?

I really love the interface on the LG & they are supposed to be adding 5.1 support for Netflix on their 6 series.

Does the Oppo BDP-93 do all of these things correctly?

Paul
09-28-2011, 08:44 AM
Is the problem with the LG in the player, the files or the transcoding to the player?

Is there a program that will "fix" the MKV files so they will work with the LG or is it some sort of software/firmware problem on LG's part?

I really love the interface on the LG & they are supposed to be adding 5.1 support for Netflix on their 6 series.

If you can send us logs with your problem, I'll take a look and see what could be happening. Perhaps it's all fixable within Mezzmo.

Does the Oppo BDP-93 do all of these things correctly?
It's meant to be quite good, but we'll need one of the Oppo owners to give their feedback.