PDA

View Full Version : IMDB integration

qupncy
09-21-2011, 07:24 PM
Hi,
My friend has a media box with his movie library listed horizontally from A to Z and when you are going through the movie there is an IMDB rating with a description of the movie all pulled from IMDB.
I was just wondering if this would be at all possible to have implemented into mezzmo? and if so if there are any plans to implement it? I believe this is a great feature!
thanks

Paul
09-22-2011, 08:24 AM
Good suggestion. We are currently developing features whereby you will be able to retrieve movie and TV show information (title, genre, description, actors, directors, artwork, etc.) from internet sites such as IMDB, TMDb and thetvdb. We are hoping it will make it into the next version.

qupncy
09-23-2011, 08:47 AM
Good suggestion. We are currently developing features whereby you will be able to retrieve movie and TV show information (title, genre, description, actors, directors, artwork, etc.) from internet sites such as IMDB, TMDb and thetvdb. We are hoping it will make it into the next version.

Thats sounds great! cant wait.

VinceA
09-28-2011, 12:15 AM
Excellent, currently I use MediaMaster to get the metadata from theTVdb & IMDB. Having Mezzmo do it directly would be great.

kitsunegari
10-07-2011, 11:30 PM
Definite support for this +1.

Can I ask how youre thinking of implementing it though? When maintaining library (assuming we can select source as IMDB/other sites in options), will these automatically edit meta data to match, pull imdb artwork, multiple genres, actor info, or what? And will we have an option to choose artwork if there are more than one matches (as now)?

JohnM
10-10-2011, 07:07 AM
It would be better to not have it auto-update the library. Rather to allow you to query from the file properties. It would fill in the properties, then let you edit it before saving. Too much of the info in the imdb is user generated and as such is not reliable. For instance what is the proper genre for a movie like RED? Should it be action, adventure, drama or comedy? My point is that you will probably have a different opinion than whoever filled out the imdb so you should be able to change it (and the other info).

Paul
10-10-2011, 09:00 AM
With video files it's a bit tricky, so at the moment this is not automated, but rather on a per-file basis. We're doing final testing and tweaking, so it should be part of the next release.

peterandre123
10-15-2011, 05:21 PM
Hi, does mediamaster come free or how much does it cost?

VinceA
10-19-2011, 08:22 PM
All the cost stuff can be found here:
https://licensing.mediacentermaster.com/