PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo show "Filename" instead of DataBase Index Number

ZazaBB
09-23-2011, 09:30 PM
Hi

On MediaTank devices, when you select the "info" button on the remote, the file playing does not reflect the filename, instead it appears to show the database file NUMBER, IE 18950 instead of "My Favorite Video.avi" or similar. Is this something that can be addressed in a future update?

On certain other players such as a LG BD-570 - 690, it does show the filename when selecting info from their remotes.

I don't quite know why there is a didcrepancy here, only that it does occur.

Thanks

Paul
09-26-2011, 08:48 AM
Does the MediaTank display a proper filename/title if you use any other server (if you've tried any other server)? We'd deliver the same file description (or very similar) to each device, so then it's up to the device to pick what it displays.

ZazaBB
10-03-2011, 05:11 AM
Hi Dennis

Yes... with most actually. I was previously using D-Link's server for years as it worked for everything except MKV's. Have also tried TVersity, etc and didn't have an issue. The strange thing, which may shed some light, is that on the LG BluRay players it DOES show the filename / title. ONLY Media Tank devices (Popcorn Hour, eGreat) show the DataBase Index Number. Hope that helps. - Thanks

Paul
10-03-2011, 09:18 AM
They must be processing the descriptions differently then. Most likely they are looking at the item ID, instead of the <title> tag. I think some servers may be delivering file names as part of the item ID, which would explain why you'd see them. We'll look into this, but if the device is not using the <title> tag, then I am not sure we can easily fix it.