PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Galaxy SII Profile

RBJTech
09-28-2011, 05:43 AM
Hi - Has anybody created a working profile for a Samsung Galaxy SII Mobile Phone that plays MKV's ?

I can use the Samsung Galaxy Tab profile to play most formats but it always fails on MKV's. The phone will play MKV's natively without transcoding.

Thanks for any assistance you can give.

Paul
09-28-2011, 08:49 AM
The Galaxy Tab profile will try to transcode MKVs, perhaps that's the issue? If you turn off transcoding, can you play those MKVs using Mezzmo?

kamran
09-29-2011, 02:09 AM
Waoo that's great!

RBJTech
09-29-2011, 02:49 AM
ok - So I've set Mezzmo to not trascode for all devices. No difference but this time it instantly tells me the it is an unsupported format rather than attempt to play it. If I load the same file locally via USB (a 720p h.264/AC3 MKV if this case) then the phone plays it without a problem on it's default player.

Having a quick look though the Mezzmo profile, MKV is not mentioned - would it be easy enough to add ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Tks.

Paul
09-29-2011, 08:46 AM
You could try copying a "matroska" container from the RockPlayer.prf, for example. You'll need to restart the server after making the change.

Can you please post FFmpeg information on that file which plays natively on the phone (in Mezzmo right-click on the file and use the "Get FFmpeg Information" command)?

mezzmoman
12-22-2011, 07:11 AM
You could try copying a "matroska" container from the RockPlayer.prf, for example. You'll need to restart the server after making the change.

Where can I find this rockplayer.prf? Where do I copy it to?

Paul
12-22-2011, 08:59 AM
To find the folder with device profiles please see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/467-FAQ-Where-are-device-profiles-located