PDA

View Full Version : Request: More metadata, and more control of how it is displayed by DLNA clients

millercentral
09-29-2011, 04:19 AM
I mentioned this in the Support forum, but thought I'd log it here as an official feature request, in two parts:

Part One:
---------
I'd like to see more information imported as part of the metadata import/editing process. Specifically:

TVShowName
SeasonNumber
EpisodeNumber
Network
MPAARating/ContentRating
DateAired/ReleaseDate
LibraryDateAdded

At a minimum, these additional fields should be usable by Action and Smart Playlist logic. I use a program called "Media Center Master" to manage my XBMC .nfo metadata as a point of reference.

Part Two:
----------

As part of a Playlist's properties (as I would want the rules to be different for a playlist of TV Shows vs a playlist of Music, for example), allow customization of how the metadata fields are presented to the DLNA client, for example:

DLNATitle = "{SeasonNumber}x{EpisodeNumber} - {Title}"
DLNACreatedDate = "{DateAired}"

Customization of the fields would of course be optional, with Mezzmo presenting them in its current default manner otherwise.

These features together would GREATLY enhance the type of listing that would be possible on the clients.

Thanks for considering!
-james

Paul
09-29-2011, 08:38 AM
Thank you for the suggestions! I think they're both great ideas :)

qupncy
09-30-2011, 06:49 PM
I mentioned this in the Support forum, but thought I'd log it here as an official feature request, in two parts:

Part One:
---------
I'd like to see more information imported as part of the metadata import/editing process. Specifically:

TVShowName
SeasonNumber
EpisodeNumber
Network
MPAARating/ContentRating
DateAired/ReleaseDate
LibraryDateAdded

At a minimum, these additional fields should be usable by Action and Smart Playlist logic. I use a program called "Media Center Master" to manage my XBMC .nfo metadata as a point of reference.

Part Two:
----------

As part of a Playlist's properties (as I would want the rules to be different for a playlist of TV Shows vs a playlist of Music, for example), allow customization of how the metadata fields are presented to the DLNA client, for example:

DLNATitle = "{SeasonNumber}x{EpisodeNumber} - {Title}"
DLNACreatedDate = "{DateAired}"

Customization of the fields would of course be optional, with Mezzmo presenting them in its current default manner otherwise.

These features together would GREATLY enhance the type of listing that would be possible on the clients.

Thanks for considering!
-james

Hey, Just wondering how i get the metadata to show up on my tv when playing the movie files through mezzmo? ive downloaded media centre master and all my movies are listed with all the updated from IMDB etc. but can get the information to come up when playing through mezzmo? any ideas?

Paul
10-03-2011, 09:11 AM
That would have to be implemented in your TV's firmware - most current DLNA devices do not show any extended information. Some show more, some show less.

kitsunegari
10-07-2011, 11:37 PM
Lack of meta data control and options is my main bugbear with Mezzmo, now that I think I've solved my stuttering problem. It's pretty much the only reason now I'm still investigating XBMC.

Paul
10-10-2011, 08:56 AM
We'll be adding more metadata support soon, so then Mezzmo will be even better :)

heksesang
11-02-2011, 06:33 AM
When you add support for more metadata, it would be really nice if you could add support for the <absolute_number> tag that Media Center Master adds. Some shows, like Firefly, was not sent in the "chronological" order, and it would be nice if I could sort my episodes on the absolute number for those shows rather than the broadcasted episode numbers.

Paul
11-02-2011, 08:50 AM
Thanks for the suggestion - we'll look into this. Can you please provide a sample that has this tag?

hartlenb
11-06-2011, 08:41 AM
Would love to see metadata support include:
i) the ability to pull information from file structure (name and path), and
ii) the include "Custom" field(s) in the file's properties that we could use to include keywords/tags that could be used in playlist filters.

Paul
11-07-2011, 08:53 AM
Thanks for the suggestions!

heksesang
11-27-2011, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the suggestion - we'll look into this. Can you please provide a sample that has this tag?

http://www.mediafire.com/?vdy4q5qydpdqtg7

Here is a link to an XML file for the first episode of Firefly. As you can see in it, in the broadcast order it was episode number 11, but the absolute number tag contains the number in the correct order (the one which was used on the released blurays/DVDs).

It would be nice to be able to choose which of these tags you want to order episodes on in playlists etc.

Paul
11-28-2011, 08:56 AM
Thanks for the sample - we'll use it for testing and enhancing our metadata support.

Quasar
12-03-2011, 10:17 PM
Yes.

That's one thing I was sad to see lacking. Metadata for non-music media. Of course probably even better would be Mezzmo generating metadata based on filenames and such as programs like XBMC and Boxee do. Of course I'd be happy with manual input.

Paul
12-05-2011, 09:13 AM
The upcoming version will have better movie/TV show metadata support. It will allow you to retrieve metadata from online sources such as IMDb and theTVDB.