PDA

View Full Version : mkv files & Toshiba

tonylees
09-29-2011, 03:23 PM
Hi All

This is my first visit to the forum, I hope you can help!

How do I play mkv 3d files through mezzmo? when I open the file I get the two images side by side.

There must be something I am doing wrong!

Thanks
Tony

Paul
09-29-2011, 03:26 PM
Hi Tony,

If your TV supports 3D files, then there may be a setting that you have to turn on to force files that are not auto-detected by the TV as 3D to show up properly on screen. Some TVs have a button on the remote or there will be some menu.

What is the exact model of your TV?

tonylees
09-29-2011, 03:36 PM
HI,
I have just tried the 3d button, but get a box saying 'unavailble'

model is 47vl863

Thanks
TOny

Paul
09-29-2011, 04:00 PM
Is transcoding turned on or off? If it's on and you are using the Toshiba device profile, then the file will be transcoded and this is what may be causing it to fail.

Try turning transcoding off and see if the file plays (if your model supports MKV files over DLNA).

tonylees
10-01-2011, 06:58 AM
If I turn Transcoding off I get media player error.
Do I need to register the device with Divx? although I have no idea how to do that!

Someone else must have a Regza that works with mezzmo

Mezzmo looks great but there isn't any point in me buying it if I cant play the mkv files :o(

Thanks
Tony

Paul
10-03-2011, 09:30 AM
Sounds like your TV doesn't support MKV files natively (which means our device profile is correct). In this case, the files are transcoded and perhaps the 3D information is lost during transcoding. Or, the TV just doesn't support 3D over DLNA and only supports it from a BD or over the air/cable.