PDA

View Full Version : Request: Being able to open .rar and .zip files without extracting

tcviper
09-29-2011, 06:16 PM
Hello,

First of all, great product, i bought a license yesterday and love what mezzmo can do so far, however what im missing right now is the ability (like PS3Mediaserver has), to not have to unpack downloaded ISO/MKV files that are in multiple zip/rar archives. PS3Mediaserver for example can open up a directory with zip/rar files and start playing instantly without having to extract them first, is there a way for you to implement this?

Thank you,
Michiel

Paul
09-30-2011, 08:24 AM
No, Mezzmo does not read archives (yet), but I think this is possible by combining DownloadStudio and Mezzmo together - you can download a bunch of files using DS, then they'll be automatically extracted and then there's a special function to import this file into Mezzmo's library.

We'll consider reading ISO/archive files in the future as well.

tcviper
06-08-2012, 09:08 PM
Is there any update on reading archives yet? This would be awesome if it can be supported.
We have a remote server with thousands of movies on it and share this through NFS, though all movies are in .rar files (within dirs) so if you can make this work in Mezzmo Im telling you we have a winner!

Paul
06-12-2012, 09:31 AM
Sorry - no progress on this as yet. It is already logged in our development database and will be considered for a future version of Mezzmo. I understand how it would be very useful for you.

madlive
09-27-2013, 07:28 AM
Sorry - no progress on this as yet. It is already logged in our development database and will be considered for a future version of Mezzmo. I understand how it would be very useful for you.

Quite some months have passed since. Is this feature alrdy available?

Paul
09-27-2013, 08:02 AM
Sorry - auto RAR/ZIP unpacking is not available in the current version (v3.4.1.0). We've been busy on other features. We hope to get to it soon.