PDA

View Full Version : Ripping CD's but failing ...

Torre
10-01-2011, 10:48 AM
I really love Mezzmos function that catches the audio cd's that's inserted in the drive.
I have ripped a few but when I inserted a cd by Bryan Adams I never got the button
"Rip CD" activated.
Why ?
Is that some kind of copy protection or what ?
I have bought that cd and I would like to have it on my server as well ...

Paul
10-03-2011, 09:36 AM
When you insert that CD, does Mezzmo detect it? Are there audio tracks listed?

Torre
10-04-2011, 01:06 AM
No, Mezzmo does not detect it and no tracks are listed if "Rip Audio CD" window is active.
It does however detect the name of the CD (The best of me) and fetches artwork from internet. Other audio CDs work just fine with Mezzmo
It can be played using for example VLC without trouble and I'm able to skip to the next tracks as well
Could be that this CD is a bit special, when viewing in Explorer there are no tracks listed, just a start.exe, autorun.inf and a video file Bryan.mov ...

Paul
10-04-2011, 08:38 AM
If Windows doesn't detect it, then yes, there must be something special about it. What happens when you run the start.exe on it? Are there hidden tracks/files on disk? Do the file sizes of those 3 files add up to the total space used?

Did you buy it online and if you did, can you provide a link, so that I could see what it is? A standard audio CD shouldn't have any files like that on it. Have you tried it in a normal CD player?

Torre
10-05-2011, 01:25 AM
Start.exe starts displaying the video file bryan.mov, used space is 697 MB (according to Explorer), the four files that are visible use 29.3 MB
There must be hidden tracks on it, when I order a player, e.g. VLC, to play the disk it starts playing the tracks and I can skip to the next track (or the previous track) and I can display all the tracks in VLC's Display Media window (Mediabläddrare in swedish).
I bought it from a cd store, I have no link, and it plays fine in a normal cd player.

Paul
10-05-2011, 08:43 AM
If it plays fine in a standard CD player, then we should be able to detect it, but possibly it's failing some condition. I don't have access to such a CD here, so can't really test and see what the problem is. Do you have many CDs like that or only one?

Can you please open a support ticket about this and we'll continue via e-mail.

Torre
10-06-2011, 01:48 AM
It is only one CD that fails ripping.

Support ticket opened.

Paul
10-06-2011, 08:38 AM
Ok, I'll get back to you via e-mail.