PDA

View Full Version : minor "Quick fix" issues that need to be fixed before I can buy

xcom923
10-01-2011, 08:27 PM
OK, I've been using mezzmo for a little bit and so far it's the best paid server I can find that does what I wanted to do (minus the coreAVC use but I hear that's being worked on in a way?)

Anyway, this server has a function that is seriously broken. The playcount auto increments every time the program is started. This seems to happen because Mezzmo thinks it's seeing the videos for the first time and just increments everything because I'm assuming it thinks that in order to make a library usable it MUST assume you've watched everything on the first run. The problem is that mezzmo crashes on me a lot, and I mean ALOT. I haven't figured out why but that's not even the problem (as I don't plan on messing with the UI which seems to be the issue) but the problem again is that when mezzmo crashes it auto increments the playcounts of everything in the library (Why not just have to not mess with the playcounts and assume everything has not been played before. This way you can manually change playcounts on things you've seen)

Another issue I have is that I can't sort by data modified. I would assume this would be very easy to add. I want to create a smart list of videos that haven't been plays sorted by date modified (data from the OS)

>_< while I'm thinking about it having being able to create a smart playlist that is sorted by "things that haven't been played in the last _ days would be nice (or the inverse "have been played in _ days") that is more like a "Bonus" request

I know I'm knew but I hope these suggestions are heard I really like this program and would love to help come up with "DO-able" suggestions for future versions (I'm an avid beta tester of products LOL)

Paul
10-03-2011, 09:41 AM
The playcount for a file should only be increased when a device requests at least 20 percent (by default) of a file. This can be adjusted via the Tools -> Options. The GUI will not increment playcounts at all. Some devices have a preview window, which actually play the file and this will also count as a playcount, because we don't know whether you are actually streaming the file for real or if it's only in a preview.

If you have your playcounts incremented all the time and you have crashes, it's possible that there's some corrupt left-over data in your databases. Please open up a support ticket and we'll need you to send in your databases (we'll tell you how) for investigation.

What crashes exactly - the GUI or the server? Does it happen all the time after you do something or is more of a random event?

We'll be adding more sorting options in the next few Mezzmo releases, so you'll be able to sort on almost any available piece of information about a file.

xcom923
10-05-2011, 02:26 PM
OK with more time the play cout isn't being modified by mezzmo crashing (just GUI btw). I installed it on a fresh box that acts as my cental hub for all my media. It hasn't crashed and it's been acting pretty well just the playcounts just don't make much sense. I can only assume that something that windows 7 is doing is making the server increment. Anyway I think I did find out why the GUI was crashing. If the preview pane is active and the file that it's previewing is no longer where it thinks it should be the program freaks out and crashes.

Paul
10-05-2011, 02:28 PM
Ok, so if you have a file selected and shown in preview and you move the file from the physical folder or rename it, then it crashes? I'll check it here.

Regarding playcounts - are you trying to play files from Mezzmo using Windows Media Player and accessing Mezzmo as a server?

xcom923
10-08-2011, 12:54 PM
>_< sorry for not posting here sooner but each time I watch something its from the 360. I also tested this out. Apparently the 360 will increase the play-count I have a "new episodes" playlist that doesn't show anything that mezzo finds as played. Anytime I browse with my 360 mezzmo does a play increment

Paul
10-10-2011, 09:08 AM
I think the XBox360 does requests for files when you are just browsing through the list. I'll need to double-check this, but feel free to open a support ticket and we'll work on getting to the bottom of this.

xcom923
10-10-2011, 01:06 PM
can I do that before purchasing? or do I have to purchase before hand? not that it matters at the moment I do plan on using this server exclusively (though if I could get something done before I commit it would be awsome)

Paul
10-10-2011, 01:18 PM
You mean support? We provide support to everyone, so you don't need to purchase to get support.

xcom923
10-10-2011, 09:57 PM
Thanks Dennis. I actually went ahead and submitted a ticket anyway and got a patched file that seemed to have fixed the issue. Great service!!